INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: all episode names now incl series, season/episode numbers and episode title.  (Read 314 times)

lise

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe

How can I just get the episode title (automatically, but also how to fix it now)?

e.g., filename:  Good Eats - s01e01 - A bird in the pan.mp4
MC automatic "name":  Good Eats (S1E1): A Bird in the Pan

I just want: A Bird in the Pan

I've read the carnac section and it says to post here...
A wise man once said don't count your years, but make your years count. Or was it beers?

terrym@tassie

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen

If I import an untagged mp4 file with the filename 'Good Eats - s01e01 - A bird in the pan.mp4' using MC31.0.52 I get:
Name: A bird in the pan
Series: Good Eats
Season: 1
Episode: 1
See also attached screenshot of tag window following import.
Can't explain why you are seeing something different unless your mp4 file already contains some tags, try looking at it with a tag application like mp3tag prior to importing it into MC.
" I like work: it fascinates me. I can sit and look at it for hours." -Jerome K. Jerome

Hendrik

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe

It sounds like you are looking at a view that was creating this kind of name, but the metadata in the database would be stored separately, because I don't see a way where we would go from your filename to the output you see without fully parsing it correctly first.

You can customize views to show names how you like them, and the built-in views should also have a section that goes through normal Show -> Season -> Episode navigation that only shows the title at the end.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters
Pages: [1]   Go Up