INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Audio Dropouts Bitstreaming  (Read 691 times)

murray

• Citizen of the Universe
Audio Dropouts Bitstreaming
« on: September 08, 2023, 05:06:06 am »

Ive watched two films over the last two days and I have audio dropouts at least 20 times or more per 1hr 30min film. These are not Atmos which was a probelm for a few. I'm bitstreaming using Nvidia High Definition WASAPI.

I just tested this to see if Nividia High Definition Direct Sound works and it does, I had never used this setting. Is using these the same quality as WASAP? If it is as good is it possible it may stop the audio dropouts?

I know Manni had alot of issues and I'm hoping I don't have to go down a rabbit hole in this one.....

Maybe using PCM is ok and they may stop but I then lose all my 7.1.6 atmos setup.

Can anyone offer some help please?

murray

Re: Audio Dropouts Bitstreaming
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2023, 02:50:41 pm »

I have pretty much the same issue with two titles.   I have asked for some troublehooting tips including reports from the program to identify potential sources of the glitches.   I am hoping that somebody can help out.   If VLC can bitstream the files then JRiver should be able to do so also.  My issues are largely with 5.1 files in TrueHD or DTS HD-MA.  I mainly have the issues in my Windows 11 machine though they show up from time to time in the Windows 10 rig.   The older Windows 10 rig also has a much weaker NVidia card so why it seems to do better is hard to explain.
Has no one offered any ideas for you?

htnut

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2023, 01:15:49 am »

Have you tried using DirectSound instead of WASAPI?  They recently got bitstreaming working using DirectSound MC31 and it would be interesting to see if this improves or solves your dropouts. What is your video card/processor combo?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2023, 01:16:12 am »

Is the connection via HDMI?

I'm bitstreaming using Nvidia High Definition WASAPI.

Is there any other WASAPI choice?

davewave

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2023, 04:10:10 pm »

Yes, good point Jim.  I just find Marantz WASAPI in my case.

esotericxa

• Recent member
  • Another Aussie, here to learn and help
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2023, 10:46:07 pm »

Hi Guys, Love my JRiver, fantastic software.
So, a bit of info, I have two decoders,
a Marantz NR1607 with 7.1 Atmos
a Rotel RSP 1570 7.1 without atmos.

The marantz is working perfectly with atmos content such as movies today 29th Sept 2023 played through JRiver MC..
But the Rotel, which played two Atmos capable movies yesterday, (with odd click etc) now locks up after which nothing will work including the remote till I power it down and up.
So I tried a few AMD drivers, all now lock the Rotel up.??
Both Systems running windows 10 latest 64 bit with AMD RX550 4 gig.
The Rotel does play other material fine, using JRiver MC, until you try some atmos, after which it is dead.
VLC and PowerDVD work on atmos content but no atmos comes through of course and no lockup.
Happy to help with de bug steps if you need some testing done .
Appears that only atmos on JRiver, using Wasapi and bitstreaming to to the Rotel is a problem.
Finally window on the Rotel PC can not be set to atmos and reverts to 7.1 if you try to enable atmos in the advanced sound controls.
Happy to help. Thanks
Just  rolled back from 61 to 43 32 bit, no better so not JRiver MC by the look of it.

Sys1: W10 DH77EB i5, MC31, RX 550 4G DDR5, Thru to
Rotel RSP1570 Controller, Pana VT 3D 55" Plasma,
4 x Rotel RB981 amps.Spkrs:5x AR6 2x AR7 big Sub (7.1)
Sys2:Optiplex 7060i5 RX-550 4G DDR5 
Sys3:Optiplex 9020i5 RX-550 4G DDR5
Both drive Pana ST 3D 50" Plasma , JBL 7.1 Atmos speakers Via the same Marantz NR 1607

esotericxa

• Recent member
  • Another Aussie, here to learn and help
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2023, 03:44:44 am »

Back again, just rolled back to 64bit 310008 and all working fine, have not tested atmos.
but now will play audio, tv and films. so it sure appears to be 61 or earlier.

Nope, better as in it will now play most audio, "UNTIL" you try atmos but then atmos still locks up the Rotel.
So, Looks like something has changed in the AMD world as of probably adrenalin 23.9.2
Might try 23.9.1 if I can find it.

Must be my PC HW. Changed PC, all working fine so far. Amazing. Relatively Modern RX-550 does not like a very old i7 by the looks.
Sys1: W10 DH77EB i5, MC31, RX 550 4G DDR5, Thru to
Rotel RSP1570 Controller, Pana VT 3D 55" Plasma,
4 x Rotel RB981 amps.Spkrs:5x AR6 2x AR7 big Sub (7.1)
Sys2:Optiplex 7060i5 RX-550 4G DDR5 
Sys3:Optiplex 9020i5 RX-550 4G DDR5
Both drive Pana ST 3D 50" Plasma , JBL 7.1 Atmos speakers Via the same Marantz NR 1607
Pages: [1]   Go Up