INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Album Ratings Questions  (Read 309 times)

AllanM

• Junior Woodchuck
Album Ratings Questions
« on: September 28, 2023, 03:39:54 pm »

Hello,
I would like to use Album Ratings for music, but I need to understand how they work.

• Are they calculated automatically? If so, is there a way to turn this feature off so only ratings I set are shown?
  • Is there a way to set up a smart list of albums based on album ratings?
  • Other than in the Albums view, is there a way to set an Album rating?
Thanks!
--
Mostly a headphone guy. I use JRiver exclusively for music.

EnglishTiger

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Album Ratings Questions
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2023, 02:39:58 am »

Hello,
I would like to use Album Ratings for music, but I need to understand how they work.

• Are they calculated automatically? If so, is there a way to turn this feature off so only ratings I set are shown?
  • Is there a way to set up a smart list of albums based on album ratings?
  • Other than in the Albums view, is there a way to set an Album rating?
Thanks!

MC stores Ratings per Track and not per Album

1 - They are not calculated, though they may inherit values input using other Tag Editors, therefore they will only ever show any values you input

2 - Yes, all you have to do is tell the smartlist to Sort on Rating

3 - You can set/alter a Tracks Rating in any View/List that exposes (makes visible) the Rating tag/field.

If you want to be able to assign an "Album Rating" then you would have to add an appropriate tag/field to the MC Library/Database.

Win NUC - VENOEN 11Th NUC Mini PC Core i7 1165G7,Dual HDMI 2.0+Mini DP,Windows 11 Mini Desktop Computer,Thunderbolt 4.0,1 Lan, USB-C,Wifi,Bluetooth 5.0,32GB RAM Toshiba MQ04ABF100 ‎500Gb 5400 RPM ‎eSATA HD, Gigabyte GP-GSM2NE3512GNTD 1Tb NVMe SSD, Samsung 870 QVO 8 TB SATA 2.5 Inch SSD (MZ-77Q8T0) in Sabrent Ultra Slim USB 3.0 to 2.5-Inch SATA External Aluminium Hard Drive Enclosure (EC-UK30)

Apple 2020 Mac mini M1 Chip (8GB RAM, 512GB SSD)
Sabrent Thunderbolt 3 to Dual NVMe M.2 SSD Tool-Free Enclosure with Sabrent 2TB Rocket NVMe PCIe M.2 2280 High Performance SSD + Crucial P3 Plus 4TB M.2 PCIe

ET Skins & TrackInfo Plugins - https://englishtiger.uk/index.html

AllanM

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Album Ratings Questions
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2023, 03:17:49 am »

Whoops! In the Album view, I was able to add a Rating column, and I though that was for the Album. Clearly I was wrong. It appears that value is just for the first track of the album, and if I set a rating there, it changes all the track on the album. Ouch! I was used to Plex and itunes, which both have album ratings.

I added a Library field for Album Rating.

Thanks.
--
Mostly a headphone guy. I use JRiver exclusively for music.
Pages: [1]   Go Up