INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sometimes dragging the main window causes Spotlight to appear.  (Read 265 times)

scottlf

• Junior Woodchuck
Sometimes dragging the main window causes Spotlight to appear.
« on: September 30, 2023, 04:27:24 pm »

Really, the subject says it all: sometimes, dragging the main window causes Spotlight to appear. And yet sometimes it doesn't. I've tried dragging the mouse over various areas of the title bar. Sometimes Spotlight appears. Sometimes not. Is there a spot in there that is supposed to make Spotlight appear? If there is, can one turn off that particular behavior? Spotlight itself is just fine; I'd just like to know when it's going to appear.

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Sometimes dragging the main window causes Spotlight to appear.
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2023, 09:00:51 am »

I've had this happen at least a dozen times.  In early releases of MC31 (or maybe 30?) I would get 5, 10, 15 or more spotlight tabs when dragging.

I think I have figured out that dragging "too fast" after pressing the mouse button causes this to happen.  If I do everything at a very measured pace and try not to rush, it does not happen.  It seemed to get better somewhere around 3 or 4 months ago, but I have no idea what release that was, or maybe if it was the first of the Mc31 family?  I just know it's not as bad as it used to be; I haven't seen it in a month or more.

Brian.

scottlf

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Sometimes dragging the main window causes Spotlight to appear.
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2023, 09:44:19 pm »

That business of holding off on dragging right away seems to help -- thank you!

I have also changed the skin I was using, and now with Noire it doesn't seem to be an issue at all. Maybe the 'drag' area is a bit different with that skin? Or maybe I can just see the dragging areas a bit better from my previous skin, which was Modern Cards Grey.
Pages: [1]   Go Up