INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Issues: MC version 31  (Read 317 times)

RichardT99

Issues: MC version 31
« on: October 08, 2023, 12:26:31 pm »

Hi, I upgraded MC v28 to MC v31 (MacBook Pro Intel 2018 running Mac OS Sonoma) and I have several issues. I was able to import the music library into MC v31 and that's the only thing that went well. The top menu won't open. Several hundred album covers are missing. When I try to listen to a piece of music (I tried several), I get a buffering message, then the application hangs after 10-15 seconds and I have to terminate it using the force to quit routine on the Mac. I tried all MC 31 versions and the symptoms are the same. I cannot recall any MC upgrade that went smoothly but this one is the worst I've experienced. I also tried to downgrade to version 30 and ended up with the same result. Any recommendations would be appreciated. Thank you.

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Issues: MC version 31
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2023, 07:23:12 am »

You have reported at least 3 different problems.  Let me try to address some of them.

1.  Menus in MC31 with Sonoma are a known problem.  JRiver staff are working on fixing them.
2.  Sound buffering:  Let's address that a bit later to make things more simple to start.
3.  Missing albums and "importing".  MC for Mac isn't as automatic in finding your old installation as the Windows version.  What your really want to do, when you install a new MC for Mac, is to RESTORE A LIBRARY BACKUP from your current MC version.  MC makes automatic library backups.  They are normally in <your user>/Documents/JRiver/<jriver version> backups/

Take a look and see if you can find your backups from MC28. Then, in MC31:  File > Library > Restore Library .  Then select the latest backup from MC28.

That should show you everything that you saw in MC28, exactly as you saw it.  You will need to restart MC31 for it to fully take effect.  This is because it restores both the Library data and the settings.

I'm hoping that when it restores your settings, you will also have your audio working correctly at that point.  If not, someone can try to help you get the audio working at that point.

Best of luck,
Brian.

RichardT99

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2023, 10:53:25 am »

Hello Brian,

Thank you very much for your suggestions. I was able to restore the original settings from a backup. I can play any music via the JRemote application running on IOS 17.0.3 and this method works all the time. When I try to listen to a piece of music using MC v31 on my MacBook Pro, it sometimes displays the following message - something went wrong with playback. However, it works most of the time. This said, the JRemote application works all the time and I am happy. Future upgrade will probably fix remaining issues with this new version. Thanks again for your help.

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2023, 01:01:40 pm »

The newer MacBook Pro sound cards might need resampling to play some of your files.  You can set an option that will try to do this for you:

tools > options > audio > advanced > auto configure output on playback error > (yes)

You might have to stop and restart MC for this change to take effect.

Best of luck,
Brian.
Pages: [1]   Go Up