INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Touchscreen navigation bar in Display view  (Read 236 times)

audunth

• Citizen of the Universe
Touchscreen navigation bar in Display view
« on: October 11, 2023, 03:26:03 am »

Hi,

First of all: This is not about navigating in MC in Theater View or Standard View to locate and play files! I have no problems with that.

My problem is that when I play a file on my Windows Surface with the keyboard detatched, there is no way to jump forward or backward a few seconds, like I do with the arrow keys.

So the request is:
Can you please add a pop-up navigation bar with the keys [skip ahead x seconds] and [skip back x seconds] when touching the screen
OR (even better) add shortcuts double click on the left side of the screen = Jump back x seconds, double click on the right side of the screen = Jump forward x seconds. Or dragging my finger sideways would work like mouse wheel (I did try turning off Disable mouse wheel skipping under Behaviour, but obviously finger scrolling doesn't work like mouse wheel scrolling for some reason).

If those suggestions are hard to implement, adding the left and right arrow buttons on the top navigation bar is also a possibility. It only has the skip to next/previous file, maybe an option to use those buttons for back/forward x seconds instead? Or even, when playing a video file, they jump back/forward x seconds, as one seldom needs to skip to the next movie or back to the start of the movie, and when playing sound files, they do next/previous like now?
Cheers,
Audun

My system:
ASUS  P8Z68 V-PRO/GEN3, 8GB RAM, Core i5-2500K
EVGA Nvidia GTX 970 SSC, 4GB RAM
Antec P180 case w/Seasonic X460 fanless PSU, water cooled by Zalman Reserator 1+ w/extra DDC pump
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Sony VPL-HW30ES 3D projector
Yamaha RX-V3900 receiver and custom built 2Ch power amp for front/stereo speakers
Klipsch Reference/SVS 7.1 speaker system
Always running the latest available version of MC
Pages: [1]   Go Up