INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: NEW FEATURE - Task bar Player  (Read 774 times)

mkutsen

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
NEW FEATURE - Task bar Player
« on: February 17, 2003, 10:35:24 am »

In WMP9 you can set the "minimize" button to switch to a miniature task bar player - a task bar toolbar that contains the basic player controls.  It seems to me this is more useful than minimizing to system tray.  I know the player controls are accessible by right ckicking on the system tray icon; but that is just not as convenient or elegant.

sraymond

Re: NEW FEATURE - Task bar Player
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2003, 10:56:15 am »

Are you talking about the taskbar "toolbars"?  I.e., a toolbar that is present, even when MC isn't running?

I mentioned this a few weeks ago - it should be fairly simple to create, but I didn't get the impression that J River found it very useful.

I use the one with nPlayer quite oftern - although, as of late, I'm trying to go 100% with MC.  It sure is nice to have ONE integrated software package!

Scott-

nila

Re: NEW FEATURE - Task bar Player
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2003, 03:34:23 pm »

He's talking about when Windows Media Player minimises to the task bar and sits there in a very small type of 'mini me' skin mode.

This isn't easily possible and would take up way way too much time for MJ to implement as MS Made Media Player and so have much more direct access to core features within Windows that MJ do not.
MS would have to give access to these features probably but it would require a lot of work and probably integrate too deeply into windows and so would be dangerous.

Try the mini-me skin called: Caliper - It does this quite well.

Or the best made skins I've seen to date are: LowerLeft and LowerRight - look for them.
Pages: [1]   Go Up