INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Changing file locations in existing playlist  (Read 347 times)

shimrod

• Recent member
Changing file locations in existing playlist
« on: October 16, 2023, 03:02:38 pm »

At present my media files are stored on a PC that is also where I typically play music using MC. I set up another PC to play music at another location using the same media files (accessed over network). My original installation included a large number of playlists, many with hundreds of entries. I have copied the library to the new computer however the playlists do not work as the file links do not include the network location.

Is there a tool to update the playlist file targets or do I need to recreate all the playlists from scratch? I've used the rename and replace tool in the past but in this case the file names are good, it's only the playlist file targets that require updating.

Dawgincontrol

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • We have met the enemy and he is us.
Re: Changing file locations in existing playlist
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2023, 07:57:04 pm »

You could use the second computer as a client and just load the library from the first.  This will keep everything in order. 

shimrod

• Recent member
Re: Changing file locations in existing playlist
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2023, 08:58:06 am »

Set as client and playlists are now functional. Would not work at first, but after upgrading both installations to the  most recent version my playlists are available and functional on the second machine.

Thanks for the help.
Pages: [1]   Go Up