INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: iPod Plugin Not Listed  (Read 1539 times)

mtschirret

• Recent member
  • "You know how it is...Well, maybe you don't."
iPod Plugin Not Listed
« on: February 15, 2003, 03:55:16 pm »

Hi-

I upgraded from MJ 8 to MC 9 and installed the iPod plugin.  I can see the iPod listed in the "My Computer" section of the tree, but it is not listed under handhelds in the plugin manager, even after a successful install.  I also cannot see any files on my iPod; only albums and artists, etc.

Can anyopne help?  Should I be able to see the iPod listed under my handhelds and/or devices?

Thanks,

Mike Tschirret

Media Jukebox PLUS 9.0.105 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Jukebox\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium 4 2398 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 785 MB, Free - 495 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 (xpsp1.020828-1920)
Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1145 (xpsp2.021108-1929) / wnaspi32.dll: Internal ASPI Layer

Ripping /   Drive E:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive F:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: No /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive F: TDK      CDRW321040B        Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:32  MaxSpeed:32  Use MJ Engine:Yes
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: No /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
 Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

SteveG

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: iPod Plugin Not Listed
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2003, 04:19:17 pm »

Mike,

Get MC 9.0.113. You should be able to see the iPod drive letter listed under Handhelds.  I think the update to 9.0.113 will fix this.

Steve

mtschirret

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2003, 04:44:33 pm »

Steve-

Thanks for the reply.  I upgraded and I can see the iPod listed, but when I click on it, it tells me that my iPod may not be formatted for Media Center.  It asks me to right click on the drive and select format, but I cannot do this.  The app then crashes with a stream error.  Any suggestions?

I upgraded to MC 9.0 for the iPod functionality, but I'm not having much luck.

Thanks,

Mike Tschirret

mtschirret

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2003, 04:47:06 pm »

Steve-

Does MC 9.0 mean that I must reformat my iPod within Windows Explorer?  I noticed that it formats it as FAT32, and I'm not sure how it came formatted out of the box...Is the original format incompatible with MC 9.0?

Thanks,

Mike

SteveG

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2003, 03:34:13 am »

Mike,

My iPod came formatted for FAT32 out of the box. It is possible you have a Mac formatted iPod. If so, it would not be compatible until a reformat.  If you do have a Mac formatted iPod, check Apple's site to get instructions on formatting for Windows. If you do not have an Apple formatted iPod, you should be able to format yours from Explorer and then be good to go.

Steve

mtschirret

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2003, 08:13:54 am »

Steve-

It was a Mac-formatted iPod (strange, since I bought a Windows version).  I reformatted with XPlay and I'm good to go.  I also tried it first with the Explorer format, and it would not work.  It seems that the best way to go is to reformat with XPlay and then do the MC format...

Thanks,

Mike Tschirret

SteveG

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2003, 10:08:13 am »

Mike,

Thanks for the reply. Glad it worked out.

Steve
Pages: [1]   Go Up