INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Show MP3 files in color for Library Views  (Read 330 times)

vbphil

• World Citizen
Show MP3 files in color for Library Views
« on: October 19, 2023, 11:29:52 am »

I have 2 versions of most audio files, ALAC and MP3. When displaying a library detailed list view, of say by Album Artist, I'd like to see the MP3 version of the library entry in a different color making it stand out.

Currently I have grouping on by compression and that separates them out, but takes up more of the screen and requires scrolling when there are many files for the artist.

Is there a way to colorize the mp3 file listing?

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Show MP3 files in color for Library Views
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2023, 08:10:04 am »

I think you are asking for colored text inside of the details list for an album:  The lower area that shows columns of values with Title, Artist, etc.

I do not think that is possible.  I don't know of any way to customize the look of that portion of the display.  Obviously you can change the columns, their order, etc.

However, while writing this, I realized that you can define your own fields and those fields can contain formatting options like colors.  The attached screen shot shows a Panes view with a custom field I defined (2 minutes ago) called "TechInfo".  The definition of that field colors MP3 in red, and everything else in the normal font color.

For reference here's the expression that defines that field:

Code: [Select]
(if(isequal([File Type],MP3,1),<font color="FF0000">,)[File Type]if(isequal([File Type],MP3,1),<//font>,) if(compare([Sample Rate],>,44100),<font color="00FF00">,)[Bit Depth]bit [Sample Rate]/<//font>)
That a similar expression might produce what you want. 

Best of luck to you.
Brian.

vbphil

• World Citizen
Re: Show MP3 files in color for Library Views
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2023, 08:27:12 am »

However, while writing this, I realized that you can define your own fields and those fields can contain formatting options like colors.  The attached screen shot shows a Panes view with a custom field I defined (2 minutes ago) called "TechInfo".  The definition of that field colors MP3 in red, and everything else in the normal font color.

For reference here's the expression that defines that field:

Code: [Select]
(if(isequal([File Type],MP3,1),<font color="FF0000">,)[File Type]if(isequal([File Type],MP3,1),<//font>,) if(compare([Sample Rate],>,44100),<font color="00FF00">,)[Bit Depth]bit [Sample Rate]/<//font>)
That a similar expression might produce what you want. 

Best of luck to you.
Brian.

I think that's the closest I can come to coloring the whole record. Great idea! thanks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up