INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: File upload error transferring....  (Read 837 times)

Marley

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
File upload error transferring....
« on: February 16, 2003, 08:38:00 am »

I am running Windows XP with a Western Digital Firewire (swapped out from an OrangeLink+).  I have MC v9.0.109 and plugin 9.0.1.  In MC, I can see all the music folders (artist, album etc) but in Explorer I just see calender and contacts.

When I drag and drop songs to the iPod in MC it works but if I select more than one song or try to synch I get a "File upload error transfering..." then it lists the file names.  I can then individually select those songs and with some success (if i keep trying I can get by the error) transfer them over individually.  I found that I had duplicate song files at one point on my PC so deleted all dups which seemed to help for a short time but now I'm back to the same problem.

If I attempt the to move a group of songs in Explorer, it will give me a CRC error on random songs.  I can then go back and and individually select those songs and transfer them over without an error.  It just stores them at the root and I cannot hear them on the iPod.  I don't know if these two things are related but I thought I would mention it.

It will bring songs into the iPod so I know there's a connection but there has to be a better way.  I have searched here and Ipod Lounge but cannot find any suggestions to this problem.

SteveG

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: File upload error transferring....
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2003, 03:39:19 am »

Marley,

Moving the files to iPod with Explorer will work to get the files to your iPod, but will not allow you to hear them. If you are getting File Upload errors, your library most likely has file paths that are incorrect or you are moving file types that are not supported by iPod.

Try the following....

1) Get MC 9.0.113.

2) Do File->Library->Update Library ( To fix incorrect filepaths)

3) Transfer a set of .mp3 files to iPod and see if you get errors.
Pages: [1]   Go Up