Networks and Remotes > Remotes

Chromecast Audio & WiiM Pro Plus

<< < (6/6)

madbrain:

--- Quote from: rec head on November 08, 2023, 02:08:29 pm ---The Wiims allow you to link devices but AFAIK you can't create fixed groups. So every time you want to play to certain devices you need to link them. They should be persistent until a Wiim is powered off.

--- End quote ---

Thanks. That sounds unfortunate. I may put all my WiiMs on UPSes in that case so they don't get powered off and lose the groups. Seems a feature request to WiiM support will be in order.

rec head:
I have a feeling I'm going to learn a lot about these devices once you start setting them up. I'm looking forward to you trying to squeeze more out of them than I do.

dtc:
I have been working on integrating my Wiim Mini with my Sonos system.The Wiim is connected to a DAC, integrated amp and standard speakers. It plays up to 192 KHz as long as you have an optical cable that passes 192 KHz. I also have a Sonos setup by the pool which I want to use along with the Wiim. The Sonos pool speakers are set as a group in Sonos so you only have to play to one of them and Sonos plays to all speakers in the group. So, I link the Wiim and one of the Sonos speakers in MC and the audio plays on both my standalone system and on the Sonos group. The Sonos speakers are in sync, but they do not sync with the standalone system, which I expected, since MC cannot sync 2 separate DLNA outputs. But, you cannot hear the two different systems simultaneously so they do not need to be in sync.  You do have to be sure to not send hi rez sample rates to the Sonos group, so you do have to down sample any hi rez to 44.1 KHz. I have not done a lot of testing with the various JRiver remotes and I am not sure how they work with linked outputs. But it works from my Windows PC.  Just started this experiment but the initial results are encouraging.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version