INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cut Off Songs?!?  (Read 1039 times)

LarryJoe

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
Cut Off Songs?!?
« on: February 16, 2003, 04:45:43 am »

I am getting certain mp3's that just end with,  on average 5 seconds to play.  These play perfectly to the end in WMP9.  I have uninstalled, reinstalled, removed mp3 input, removed library, etc.  The biggest pain in th arse about this is that they transfer to my Ipod cut off as well.  For reference, a song reads with a total time of 3:58, but ends at 3:52.

Very frustrating, I can send a file if need be.  Anyone have a solution??

LJ

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Cut Off Songs?!?
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2003, 04:58:50 am »

did you try changing some of the playback settings.
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio, Music
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

Marko

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2003, 05:38:39 am »

It's a bug!!!
Don't beat your brains over it much longer, we are all getting this problem since 0.112 and it's been reported in the "bug" thread.
RandyP has posted this insight towards this problem in the bug thread too.........

I have detail on Music File Cutoff at the end

The cutoff occurs EXACTLY when the last byte is read into the buffer for the last song. If you play several songs, you'll see the count go to -5 or -6 before each ends. At precisely the same time, the last song in a list stops playing. "The file's been read, so the song is over"... but there are six seconds of music still in the buffer.

If you play only one song, the last six seconds are always dropped, which is consistent behavior.

A thought: Might these two be related? Both failures' circumstances are the same.

I reckon this will be fixed sooner rather than later, just keep half an eye on that top-most thread ;):)

LarryJoe

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2003, 06:03:14 am »

Thanks for the confirmation and yes, I tried messing with every playback setting possible.
Pages: [1]   Go Up