INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Make a Wish  (Read 20565 times)

stiv32

• World Citizen
Re: Make a Wish
« Reply #50 on: November 22, 2023, 01:41:47 am »

Thank you for allowing us to provide our wishes.

My wish is related to particles. They have been left behind for a few years now.
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,133435.msg926294.html#msg926294

I have a second one, which is to bring the following pscriptor  script in a JRiver ui: - copy files with flexible folder and file names (including sequence #'s) and create M3U8 playlists

I believe that it would be a good idea to actually bring more of these scripts in JRiver; they are based in JRiver users needs, they have been around for a long time and it would be nice for a change to be able to see them integrated in our beloved JRiver.

abrise

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #51 on: November 22, 2023, 02:46:48 am »

It has been years that DLNA renderers are working well with JRiver DSP providing the source is coming from JRiver local music. I would like to use DSP with DLNA renderers when playing URL of Radio or WDM JRiver input. Today you can play to the renderer but DSP is bypassed.

abrise

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #52 on: November 22, 2023, 02:52:09 am »

Chromecast terminal as zone ? With DSP of course . Chromecast and Airplay are now more popular than DLNA. Even Qobuz windows application  can play directly to Chromecast devices but without DSP of course for that we need to go through JRiver.

MikeO

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #53 on: November 22, 2023, 05:12:39 am »

A little TLC for JRemote eg add Spotlight maybe

Smack

• World Citizen
« Reply #54 on: November 22, 2023, 07:41:14 am »

How about a collection feature?

I already opened a topic for 31.

https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,136040.0.html

ssands

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #55 on: November 22, 2023, 11:15:39 am »

My primary use: Music
Close second: movies/downloaded tv

Whenever I start MC (displaying an Album-artist view), scrolling noticeably lags.
My machine is powerful enough. It may be the rendering of the album covers (and/or when an artist has multiple albums, you can see a "stack" below the top one).
This is *not* a major annoyance, but it is one that I deal with everyday.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #56 on: November 22, 2023, 12:02:35 pm »

Sounds like the thumbnails aren't all built.

thorsten

• World Citizen
« Reply #57 on: November 22, 2023, 12:17:11 pm »

Shifting the subtitle position or fixed position of subtitles
when shifting the movie down, typical -12% (no black bar below wanted), the subtitles are gone

MGD_King

• It's not easy being me, but it sure is fun!
« Reply #58 on: November 22, 2023, 01:29:19 pm »

• I know it's been mentioned earlier, but I'd really like to see Particles updated/refreshed/overhauled. They are not intuitive at all and difficult to use. This would make DVD/Blu-Ray audio extraction so much easier. If DVD Audio Extractor can figure it out, JRiver could too.
  • Jim's Organized backup to other machines on the network.  The user just chooses a location for the database and a root location for the media and we do the rest. 1000x yes!!!!
  • While not quite MC32, an updated Gizmo/JRemote would be awesome and welcomed!

jmz

• Recent member
« Reply #59 on: November 22, 2023, 03:12:48 pm »

I wish...

to be able add currently played song to favourites list using single button.

Good idea

Now the explanation and context:

JRiver media is running on PC with Windows 10.

I hear nice song from my playlist.

I open JRemote2 on my Android phone... and would like to add this song to favourites list.

Now this song should be visible on favourites list on my PC when Windows version of JRiver is installed and run.

jsmith967

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #60 on: November 22, 2023, 09:49:18 pm »

Wish: To get 4K capture to work so I could process streams within JRiver by a video capture card.

https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,131791.msg947995.html#msg947995

Buldarged

• Recent member
« Reply #61 on: November 23, 2023, 12:33:31 pm »

Better layouting options for displaying cover art of mixed aspect ratios.
See this post and the accompanying thread for more information.

gulp

• World Citizen
« Reply #62 on: November 23, 2023, 12:52:53 pm »

Copy/paste of custom views for JRemote, so that we don’t have to define all new ones from scratch.

Buldarged

• Recent member
« Reply #63 on: November 23, 2023, 01:07:40 pm »

Theater View GUI.  We _must_ tune this up.  That long thread on using icons ...

I have a related feature request. I recently tried adding unicode characters like a clock🕑, calender 📅🗓 or a photo📷🖼 symbol to a thumbnail text. Despite using an appropriate font (Segoe UI Emoji or Segoe UI Symbol), MC couldn't display them. I assume the reason is that MC doesn't support color fonts yet. Would be a great addition, since these kind of symbols are very useful as they can be displayed next to a duration, date, etc. While the same can probably be done using the img tag, that requires additional resources for sharing. Fonts are already installed everywhere.

Done but only single color

Fun fact: These symbols work in the post editor I'm currently writing in, but are not showing up in the preview.
Edit: But, they do work after posting.

Drybonz

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #64 on: November 23, 2023, 01:24:33 pm »

Close (X) to system tray.  Nearly universal in most programs now... would like to see this in jriver.  Thanks.

ssands

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #65 on: November 23, 2023, 05:35:09 pm »

Sounds like the thumbnails aren't all built.
Nope. All built. I think it's the loading of the thumbnails? I don't really know.

EdBrady

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #66 on: November 23, 2023, 06:44:51 pm »

I've long wished that MC would display all artwork contained in tags, not just the first front cover artwork.

Good idea

eve

« Reply #67 on: November 23, 2023, 09:21:09 pm »

Mostly MCWS-y stuff

> Get JRVR profiles (array of profiles, either with basic identifying information or the entire profile including settings)

> Set JRVR profile for session. Set a 'default' profile to use in a zone for all playback until JRiver is closed or the setting is changed.

> Read DSP Profile Config

> Change DSP Profile Setting

MikeO

« Reply #68 on: November 23, 2023, 11:38:52 pm »

Copy/paste of custom views for JRemote, so that we don’t have to define all new ones from scratch.

When defining JRemote Views you can select from any Standard views already defined in the desktop app, when you select Add you get a menu to select from including "Library Items from Standard View" which then displays all menu /view options

Good idea

Domi

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #69 on: November 24, 2023, 03:00:16 am »

Hi,
Is it realistic to hope for WDM JRiver drivers that support more than 192 kHz?

eve

« Reply #70 on: November 24, 2023, 06:57:50 am »

Hi,
Is it realistic to hope for VDM JRiver drivers that support more than 192 kHz?
WDM you mean?
Out of curiosity, what's the use case?

gulp

• World Citizen
« Reply #71 on: November 24, 2023, 07:25:29 am »

When defining JRemote Views you can select from any Standard views already defined in the desktop app, when you select Add you get a menu to select from including "Library Items from Standard View" which then displays all menu /view options

Yes but there I can only select from very simple standard views, I silll can’t use one of my own JRemote views to just modify a small part of it. That’s what I want.

MikeO

« Reply #72 on: November 24, 2023, 07:35:44 am »

I am missing something ,

I added and customized the views for Classical and Rock , then I further added Custom views for Artists (a top 50 List), Artists (all) and so on . All neatly organized in a tree view

When you add a view to JRemote , all these views are available for selection. I stopped using the standard View Set as delivered with MC years ago as I set up my own Customized Views

Create a new view , test it , perfect it import it into JRemote

My JRemote directly mirrors my desktop setup

Domi

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #73 on: November 24, 2023, 07:57:12 am »

WDM you mean?
Out of curiosity, what's the use case?

Simply using the quality of JRiver with its powerful studio DSP with audio players that don't support VST plugins, convolution etc, for example.

At this time the JRiver WDM driver (virtual audio driver) is limited to 192kHz.
https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/WDM_Driver

Investigate

gulp

• World Citizen
« Reply #74 on: November 24, 2023, 08:53:25 am »

Create a new view , test it , perfect it import it into JRemote

My JRemote directly mirrors my desktop setup

That’s the reason for our different experience. I didn’t create JRiver views and mirrored them in JRemote views, I just created JRemote views and now can only use JRiver views as template, but not the previous JRemote views I created.

I just need JRiver as server basis, I don’t work much with views there.

Would be great if also existing JRemote views could be used as template for new JRemote views….or simply be copied/pasted.

antenna

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #75 on: November 24, 2023, 09:30:17 pm »

This is a list of possible changes in MC32  Nothing is certain yet.  I'll start another list later so users can let us know what they want.

-----------

Prevent album uploads and artist uploads

Implement

Yeah, I've wondered about that.

It is A Good Thing that this guideline is implemented more strictly.

=========
Vinyl: Shure V15VxMR, Shure VN5MR stylus, VPI Scout turntable
Shellac: Shure M91, Shure N75-3 stylus,  Dual 1218 turntable

Apt Holman preamp (updated), Benchmark Media ADC-1, Benchmark Media DAC-1, Carver TFM-45 power amp (updated), Original Acoustic Research AR-9 speakers (LF surrounds replaced), Sennheiser HD590 headphones

flac.rules

« Reply #76 on: November 25, 2023, 07:54:16 am »

Having a more robust system for handling a lot of stuff happening and the GUI "freezing" is good, so is a theatre view upgrade. Exciting to see.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #77 on: November 25, 2023, 08:09:59 am »

Having a more robust system for handling a lot of stuff happening and the GUI "freezing" is good, so is a theatre view upgrade. Exciting to see.
The GUI freezing isn't normal.  If you have that problem, please start a thread with details.

mattlovell

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #78 on: November 25, 2023, 01:17:08 pm »

How about one wish per product? ...

For JRemote, persistence of the view type (list, list w/thumbnails, album covers) for at least the top-level of Audio selections.  For the modern portion of my collection, I like a full album cover view.  For the classical music section (organized by composer currently), I'd like just a list.  The view type of lower levels can then inherit that choice (if no persistence is available at lower levels).

Good idea

For MC, the ability to have newlines (and possibly horizontal lines) inserted, for visual separation between groups (described in earlier posts of mine and others).

Investigate

jesseinsf

• World Citizen
  • Who, ME?
« Reply #79 on: November 25, 2023, 09:58:58 pm »

I would like to see the scrolling up and down in the Albums or Artists view become buttery smooth. I do admit that it has gotten a lot better over the years. Anyway, as for the continuous development over the years, I must give the JRiver team an A+. Thanks for you guys' hard work. :-)
OS - Win 11 Pro for Workstation (64-bit)
Monitor - MSI Creator PS321URV 4K UHD HDR600
CPU - Intel Core i9-9900K Up to 5GHz - CPU
GPU - NVidia GeForce RTX 3080TI FE - GPU
MB - Asus Maximus XI Extreme - Motherboard
RAM - 128 GB RAM DDR4 3200 - RAM
SSD - Samsung 980 Pro & 970 Pro m.2 NVMe 1TB each
SP  - Vanatoo TP One Encore (over TOSLink)- REL HT/1003

gulp

• World Citizen
« Reply #80 on: November 26, 2023, 09:34:16 am »

Zone switch for DLNA devices please!

Good idea -- may be possible now?

whoareyou

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #81 on: November 26, 2023, 10:15:23 am »

Ability to create DSP profiles that are associated with an audio zone.

This would provide the ability for a single zone to engage DSP processing via rules based logic. 

Yes, you can kind of accomplish this via zones, and various tagging/labeling on individual tracks, but it is kind of a disjointed approach in that you end up with a playlist broken up by each zone.

If an individual zone could engage a set of DSP rules, the processing for the one zone could be unified and would represent the one physical location that the zone truly is meant to represent.

Windows 11 Pro
Intel i7-12700K / 32MBRam /
ASUS Dual GeForce RTX 4070
4K Sony x900h

Manni

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #82 on: November 26, 2023, 03:44:07 pm »

Support for WOL when media shares are offline.
i.e. when trying to play some media in the library and the NAS is offline, send a WOL packet to the offline share and wait until it's online to play the title.
This means that a WOL configuration screen is needed where you provide the MAC address for each server and when we want the WOL packet to be sent for each server (on JRiver start, on playback start, etc).
I've helped the developers of MyMovies and of CMC to test and implement this, I'll be happy to help you test and implement too, it's not very complex.

Good idea

stewart_pk

« Reply #83 on: November 26, 2023, 06:26:40 pm »

Lyrics that are searched for and displayed in Theater View, like KODI.

Good idea

atreides

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #84 on: November 26, 2023, 07:49:59 pm »

When selecting, Cover Art => Add From File ... the dialog would pull up the folder that the tracks are in ... so you can pick the cover art from that folder, where it would be located 99.9% of the time.

CompEx

• Recent member
« Reply #85 on: November 27, 2023, 04:56:17 am »

JRVR:

Option to "move subtitles to the bottom of the screen" (like in madVR)

Kind regards

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #86 on: November 27, 2023, 06:56:18 am »

When selecting, Cover Art => Add From File ... the dialog would pull up the folder that the tracks are in ... so you can pick the cover art from that folder, where it would be located 99.9% of the time.

It uses the last path unless it finds an image file in the folder next to the audio.  In that case it will open using the audio file folder.

This seems good to me, but just start a thread if you'd like to discuss.

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

JayGrady

• Recent member
« Reply #87 on: November 27, 2023, 10:49:05 am »

Two wishes:

#1 - Media Sub-Types: Business, VLOG or Video Blog, Drone, Concert

Good idea

#2 - Ability to Manage External Graphics Editor Files: In my case I use Pixelmator Pro on the Mac (https://www.pixelmator.com/pro). They are graphics package files (file extension is .pxd) but have image previews one can view in Finder. Would love to be able to configure JRiver to include those files in the library, even with limitations. I do tons of graphic creation, video editing, and photography for our business. MC makes my PROFESSIONAL life so much easier because of the digital asset management capabilities. The one big gap is not being able to manage the editor files themselves.

Good idea

Ekpen

« Reply #88 on: November 27, 2023, 01:31:51 pm »

hello:
improve Dolby vision mkv profile 7.06 to 8.xxx,
ability to inject RPUs from a folder to selected folders, in batch mode.
There are a few scripts for Mac, and Windows, but are written to convert mkvs to MP4.
George.

Peter M

• Recent member
« Reply #89 on: November 27, 2023, 07:16:57 pm »

Improved OSD and chapter navigation in Theatre View ?

mrpro

• Recent member
« Reply #90 on: November 28, 2023, 02:02:57 am »

I think that the things I really want are all in Linux (bd playback on Linux, particularly allowing a Linux via the local file option regardless of server OS)

Aka I would use Linux MC more if I could use it easily for video

I have to agree; after all the Linux version has been around for quite a few years now. I'd like to see better video stability for all the Debian derivatives. It seems the video stability varies considerably over the life of each major version, and system wide crashes seem to be the norm when it is not working. OTOH TV support has been very good when used with HD Homerun. I use Ubuntu studio because the low latency kernel eliminates 90% of the latency I've encountered when there are video issues in Ubuntu, and I've had to use Debian. Sound has always been excellent on Linux; as has its audio rendering capabilities.Better Video Stability.

DangerJP

• World Citizen
« Reply #91 on: November 28, 2023, 09:09:20 am »

Improved flexibility on cover art/artwork for categories in MC.

I refer to a setting that would allow user to chose a specific folder location for artwork assigned to categories.
Example: When a category is defined by an expression, like if(IsEmpty([Artist Sort Name]), [Artist], [Artist Sort Name]), user can specify to look in the folder \Cover Art\Artists to retrieve the artwork for the expression result.

This could work for any categories defined by an expression or a field and be expanded to Genres, Publishers, Countries, etc. (right now the only possibilities are Artist, Album or Composer).
This would help navigation for views based on categories, especially when exported  to JRemote :)

Thanks!

jp

audioriver

« Reply #92 on: November 28, 2023, 01:00:36 pm »

Direct audio/subtitle switching in Blu-Ray Menu mode.
Windows 10 Pro x64

mattlovell

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #93 on: November 28, 2023, 02:41:48 pm »

For portable installations of MC ...

Provide the option of having auto-import make use of "(Install Drive)" rather than having only paths with a fixed drive letter.

Done

On a work laptop, I've recently had the assigned drive letter for my portable on-to-go music HDD change quite often.  Each time, I must go edit the auto-import paths to pull in any new music that I've copied onto the drive.

This2ShallPass

• World Citizen
  • "I picked a helluva day to install MC!"
« Reply #94 on: November 28, 2023, 02:45:16 pm »

I wish to share music files from the MC client.

margolbe

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #95 on: November 28, 2023, 03:37:46 pm »

Would love to be able to display more than 1 piece of cover art (front and back cover art).  Especially useful for box sets.

Good idea

bytestar

• MC Beta Team
  • Alpha/Betatester
« Reply #96 on: November 28, 2023, 04:17:12 pm »

Please: Integrated support for AAC Audio Codec (Advanced Audio Codec)
Official Microsoft © product tester.
Download the latest language file https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnQ3L_bTnnzv4otXL9-G4rUj9wX6Tw?e=TLGgjb (is constantly updated)

akoos

• Recent member
« Reply #97 on: November 29, 2023, 08:19:34 am »

My feature request was under a wrong subject.
Matt answered me.

If I have several files, external HDD could go sleep mode.

Quote from: akoos on Today at 07:41:49 am

I would recommend an additional memory playback option. Load full file (decoded) into memory.

Look at "Load decoded file into memory".

With that playing an APE or FLAC or WAV all have identical everything.

Amfibius

• Recent member
« Reply #98 on: November 29, 2023, 09:24:44 am »

1. A better real time analyzer that indicates when digital clipping is occurring.
2. I almost exclusively use Theatre View, so I would like an easier way to customize it without having to learn how to code. Maybe even include a customizable window where you can display said real time analyzer or VST displays (e.g. there are some VU meter VST's that I would love to use).

arcspin

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #99 on: November 29, 2023, 10:49:23 pm »

If playing a multi channel movie on a two channel stereo setup, channel count in DSP settings output format changes from "source number of channels" to "2 channels (stereo)".
Please fix that output format is always "source number of channels" if that is selected.
(As it is now, you have to go into settings and change the setting back to "source number of channels")

Thank you.
Hardware: Intel Core i5-8600K 16GB RAM, ASUS GeForce RTX 2080 8GB DUAL OC
Software: Windows 10 Home 64-bit, version 2004, JRiver MC 29, MadVr 0.92.17 (Beta 113), NVIDIA driver 457.09
Projector: JVC DLA-I X5500 (RS420, X570R) -
Screen: DNP Supernova 08-85
Processor: Anthem AVM 70
Power amp: XTZ A2-400 for Front & Center - XTZ A2-300 for Surround & Height channels
Speakers: Arendal 1723 S Monitor for Front & Center, Linn Unik for Front Height, Rear Height, Surround & Surround back. Elipson Planet M for Top Middle.
Sub: Arendal 1723 1S
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Up