INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can Media Center start minimised to tray?  (Read 1466 times)

Marko

Can Media Center start minimised to tray?
« on: February 13, 2003, 10:43:23 pm »

Should be easy enough I would have thought. Here's what I've tried so far......
  • Setting "Tools > Options > Startup settings > Startup Mode to "last exit mode" and exiting MC via the right click menu while minimised to tray.
    MC restarts in "restored" window state.
  • Changing the properties of the start menu shortcut to "run minmised"
    MC starts minimised to tray, but....
    when I use the right click menu, it stays behind the taskbar thus hiding the lower options of the menu and also, while the mouse is over the right click menu, the cursor changes to a busy "hourglass". Clicking on any of the viewable options does work. The hourglass and "always on top" probs fix themselves if MC is restored then minimised again.
  • making my own shortcut, and setting that to run minimised.
    trying this gives the same results as above with regards to the right click menu, but MC refuses to come out of the tray. I can't see the "exit" option because it's behind the taskbar, so have to use windows task manager to shut MC down.

I would really like to get this to work. Am I the only one having trouble with this? Is it a bug, or am I being blonde and missing some really really obvious setting somewhere? Why would MC run minimised from my "homemade shortcut" refuse to come out of the tray? (that one's really got me flumoxed)
Media Center Registered 9.0.112 -- C:\Program Files\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
AMD Athlon 1610 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1048 MB, Free - 555 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 (xpsp1.020828-1920)
Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1145 (xpsp2.021108-1929) / wnaspi32.dll: Internal ASPI Layer

Ripping /   Drive L:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive Q:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive R:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: No /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive R: PLEXTOR  CD-R   PX-W1610A   Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:16  MaxSpeed:16  Use MJ Engine:Yes
 Test mode: Yes /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
 Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

Mastiff

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Multi-Zone Tzar
Re: Can Media Center start minimised to tray?
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2003, 02:14:00 am »

If you use Girder, you can start it from a Girder event, and either start it in "hidden" mode or simply start it normally and then minimize to tray. That'll work.  8)
Tor with the Cinema Inferno & Multi-Zone Audio system

Marko

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2003, 08:10:41 am »

Thnx for the tip mastiff.
Unfortunately, I don't use girder. Isn't there a command line switch or something similar that can be passed to MC to achieve this?

Should this option really be this difficult to achieve?

Mastiff

• MC Beta Team
  • The Multi-Zone Tzar
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2003, 08:33:24 am »

I often use Girder to make up for annoyances, beta problems and oversights in all kinds of software, since it can be used amongst others as a very advanced start up and shut down manager (like copying files at shutdown for backup purposes and a million other things), so why not try it? But I'm afraid I don't know if it is or has to be difficult to do the minimize thing without it. 8)
Tor with the Cinema Inferno & Multi-Zone Audio system

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2003, 01:33:59 am »

We can make a "minimized" startup mode where you pick "MEGA-ME", "Fullscreen", etc. now.

Would that work?
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Marko

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2003, 03:14:42 am »

We can make a "minimized" startup mode where you pick "MEGA-ME", "Fullscreen", etc. now.

Would that work?

Would that work? If it "does what it says on the tin" it sounds like just what the doctor ordered.
Matt, if you have the time to put it in, it would be a really neat option to have.
Thank you very much for the offer, what a buzz 8)

Would I be pushing my luck if I were to ask for "copy listening to" to be available in the right-click tray menu too?
Listening to: 'Idiot Wind' from 'Hard Rain' by 'Bob Dylan' on Media Center 9.0
Pages: [1]   Go Up