INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver and tvs picture mode (problem is now gone!)  (Read 301 times)

tkolsto

• Galactic Citizen
JRiver and tvs picture mode (problem is now gone!)
« on: December 04, 2023, 12:52:46 pm »

It is very strange. I never experience this before. When I play a movie with JRiver (using JRVR) the picture mode(on tv ) I choose while playing a movie stick to JRiver. It was never like this. It has always been like this..When I choose a picture mode on my tv ..like say FILMMAKER MODE or Expert dark the tv keept this mode, no matter what. Now it is like this...the mode I choose while using jriver...is stuck to jriver and alters back to the mode I have chosen while not playing a movie(when I am back to my desktop screen again).

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: JRiver and tvs picture mode
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2023, 03:22:01 pm »

That means that your desktop is in HDR mode, just like the movie. Most TVs save a different set of presets for SDR vs HDR content. If you don't want this behaviour then disable HDR in the Windows display settings.

tkolsto

• Galactic Citizen
Re: JRiver and tvs picture mode (problem gone!!)
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2023, 04:17:14 pm »

Yes I know about the Hdr mode in windows setting. Hdr is off in windows settings. And in JRiver it is unticked. I do not have a picture of this. but I checked OSD  and it said SDR as it should. Very very strange. Now it is showing the picture mode that was chosen while playing a hdr movie in sdr jrvr mode and stays there. so now at least it shows the picture mode I choose with the Tv remote, as in the tv now decides and stays at the chosen picture mode. 

Now the picture mode setting is not altered. The problem just stopped, because I tried a few times with this happening, but now the problem is gone all of a sudden.

tij

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: JRiver and tvs picture mode (problem is now gone!)
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2023, 07:49:14 pm »

Also possible - your TV assigns picture mode to framerates ... so when you play movie and set picture mode while movie is playing, TV assign that picture mode to 23.976fps (most movie have that). When you stop playback and framerate change to your desktop (likely 60fps), it will reapply old mode.
HTPC: Win11 Pro, MC: latest 31(64b), NV Driver: v425.31, CPU: i9-12900K, 32GB RAM, GeForce: 2080ti
Screen: LG 2016 E6
NAS: FreeNAS 11.1, SuperMicro SSG-5048R-E1CR36L, E5-1620v4, 64GB ECC RAM, 18xUltrastar He12-SAS3 drives, 2x240GB SSD (OS)
Pages: [1]   Go Up