INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Renaming a file in both my library and on my disk at the same time?  (Read 607 times)

mstram24

• Recent member

I went over the wiki and I examined the menu when I press F6 but im still totally lost, I got back to using Media Center after a couple years and im pretty sure that I was able to do just that before.  Im trying to rename a file in Media Center.  Im not seeing where I could do this while also modifying the filename on my disk because if I just rename it in Media Center, it just wont play because now it doesnt match the name that the file has on my disk.  Im pretty sure I was able to do that before.  Im using Media Center 26 but I guess this should be the same in all recent versions.

is it actually possible to rename a file in the library and on the disk at the same time or do I have to do these 2 things manually twice?

Thanks a bunch!!

zybex

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Renaming a file in both my library and on my disk at the same time?
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2023, 03:10:19 am »

You can open the Tag Editor panel, find the "Filename" tag, and change it there. The file will be renamed accordingly (at least since MC30, not sure about 26, but try it).

If you're renaming many files, then F6 is the way to go. You'd need to enter a valid rule/expression in the Filename box though, something like "[Name] ([Year])".

MGD_King

• Citizen of the Universe
  • It's not easy being me, but it sure is fun!
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2023, 02:59:14 pm »

Select the file you want to rename in your library, fill in the tags appropriately, then press F6, fill in the fields and press OK.

mstram24

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2023, 10:27:21 pm »

thanks, that worked!
Pages: [1]   Go Up