INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How do you exit Amazon Music or Netflix from Theater View using a keyboard/mouse  (Read 292 times)

Cinelder

• World Citizen

I use a Logitech combined keyboard/mouse to control JRiver 31 on my Windows 11 HTPC.  It works very well for me,  especially in Standard or Display View, but also generally very well in Theater View.  Plus, it’s really hard to lose a keyboard in the couch. 

I’d like to add Netflix, Amazon Prime Video and Amazon Music to Theater View in MC.   Whenever  I’ve added these apps as menu options in Theater View and tried to run them, I run into a problem I haven’t been able to figure out on my own.

I can’t figure out a way, once the app is running in Theater View, to exit the app (e.g. Amazon Music, even the Amazon Music login screen for that matter)  and get back to  the Theater View main screen with my keyboard / mouse combo.  Doing everything else in Theater View seems to work as I would expect. 

Ctrl keystroke combos don’t seem to get me out of the app back to main Theater View, neither does “esc”.   

I’m embarrassed to say I’ve given up and resorted to using Task Manager to kill MC and restart it.

As is, I just run the Amazon app/ Amazon Prime or Netflix either as a Windows app or in a browser tab through MC WDM driver.  I’m quite happy with that.  It all works fine.  I just thought it would be more convenient to do it all in Theater View. 

Any help most welcome. 

HPBEME

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Hoisted by his own petard - Lock him up!

When I press escape, it brings up a large 3 item menu with the options shown in the attachment, which obviously gives me the option to exit.  So you're not seeing that menu at all when you press escape then I guess?  Weird.

I just now tried toggling on and off various settings for the Theater View behavior, but I still always get the menu where I can choose to exit after pressing escape.

Cinelder

• World Citizen

When I press escape, it brings up a large 3 item menu with the options shown in the attachment, which obviously gives me the option to exit.  So you're not seeing that menu at all when you press escape then I guess?  Weird.

I just now tried toggling on and off various settings for the Theater View behavior, but I still always get the menu where I can choose to exit after pressing escape.

Thanks for the reply.  What's in your attachment is indeed what I'd expect to see after pressing escape, but it doesn't appear on my HTPC.  Just tried it again.

HPBEME

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Hoisted by his own petard - Lock him up!

I am not sure what could be causing the menu not to show for you.

That said, I have found a whole plethora of things that just inexplicably/randomly stop working in MC. However, restarting MC always seems to fix whatever is ailing it.  If you're running a server, you want to make sure you restart that as well for this approach to work.

I have found rebooting is typically NOT necessary, but on those occasions when restarting fails to fix things, rebooting the computer usually does.  Hope this works for you.

Cinelder

• World Citizen

I am not sure what could be causing the menu not to show for you.

That said, I have found a whole plethora of things that just inexplicably/randomly stop working in MC. However, restarting MC always seems to fix whatever is ailing it.  If you're running a server, you want to make sure you restart that as well for this approach to work.

I have found rebooting is typically NOT necessary, but on those occasions when restarting fails to fix things, rebooting the computer usually does.  Hope this works for you.

Alas, it doesn't - restarting MC/ rebooting the PC doesn't seem to make any difference.  I'm hoping whatever is causing this weird issue for me will disappear among the upcoming enhancements for Theater View in MC 32. 

Thanks again for your help and suggestions and here's wishing you and yours all the best of the season!

Pages: [1]   Go Up