INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DSP help please  (Read 341 times)

Striker

• World Citizen
DSP help please
« on: December 27, 2023, 01:14:34 pm »

I have a number of actions set for various DSP options in both Parametric Equalizers, and I can check/uncheck them no problem.

I have four saved DSP-Presets and every track as one of those named in the DSP field.

I would think that I'd see all of these possible Parametric Equalizer possibilities whenever I go to DSP studio when playing any track, but I don't.  Some show up and some don't.    I'd like to open the DSP Studio and see the current selections along with all I've set (checked and unchecked) so I can experiment.

Is there a deep detailed Help or Wiki on how to use DSP and what to expect because so far, I'm confused and can't find a pattern to fully describe my confusion.  I've searched the Wiki and can't find detailed info.

https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=121606.0

mattkhan

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: DSP help please
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2023, 01:27:40 pm »

I don't understand the question, can you show a pic of what you mean?

You have to load each preset separately though, you can't see them all at once (so to speak) if that is what you mean

Striker

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2023, 01:45:12 pm »

I don't understand the question, can you show a pic of what you mean?

You have to load each preset separately though, you can't see them all at once (so to speak) if that is what you mean

When I load a preset, I would think I'd see all available settings in the parametric equalizer, with only those set for the preset checked.  I don't see all of the settings I set (checked or unset all the time).

(sorry I'm having trouble making the IMG tag work)

This is my named "Flat" preset and when I load it, this is parametic equalizer options I see

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/uejtf9bfqfv07yp2sat0z/Preset-Flat.jpg?rlkey=i34x7jx8flsyql83fqzzdfeqq&dl=0

This is my named "Level" preset and when I load it, this is parametric equalizer options I see

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/jc5saef6ftoy7kihj2134/Preset-Level.jpg?rlkey=ltuisqvdkw63oehyyqnh5mu62&dl=0

I'd think I'd see all available parametric equalizer options I've created in both, some checked and some not.

And.. is there a way to simply turn off a preset I've loaded?

I've finally going to create some curves to apply to different albums to mostly manage bass...  the album mixes on some albums have way too much bass which rattles the springs in my windows... and some albums, volume leveling or not, have dramatically different playback volumes and other albums need a high freq boost.

I'm hoping to create a small number of DSP presets that will handle all situations that I can apply per album that needs it.

OMG Cowboy Junkie albums are way too bass heavy... I'll end up creating a special DSP preset for that band.

mattkhan

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2023, 03:35:00 pm »

I'd think I'd see all available parametric equalizer options I've created in both, some checked and some not.
the preset contains whatever it contains at the point you saved it, the pics you show suggest that you've added/removed different filters then saved it
Pages: [1]   Go Up