INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Request: Media-Keyboard Compatibility  (Read 671 times)

d_pert

• Galactic Citizen
  • I love music and great audio!
Request: Media-Keyboard Compatibility
« on: February 13, 2003, 12:58:27 pm »

I have the popular Logitech Cordless Keyboard with the media controls, and no matter what I do, the Play/Pause function always gets steered to Windows Media Player or whichever I've set as the 'Media Player' in the Keyboard's config application (Media Jukebox/Center never appears in the config app's list.)

The other commands (i.e. track forward, back, stop) work with Media Jukebox/Center when that program has the focus, but the Play/Pause button seems married to WMP8/9.

A few months ago I recieved a reply that there was a 'catch all solution' in the works ... any news on this? Will the final release of Media Centre work (fully) with the many popular media keyboards out there?

Hope so - major expectation.

Thanks!

DP
Derek Pert
(Windows 11 Pro x64 / 32GB RAM)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Request: Media-Keyboard Compatibility
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2003, 01:21:49 pm »

Hmmm... I thought our solution in the latest MC was catching all ?

Does Ctrl+Alt+Shift+F12 paste the "Listening To..." stuff if MC is running?

Make sure you have the latest version, and try a system restart and launch MC.  After that, it _should_ catch everything.

Let us know.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Marko

Re: Request: Media-Keyboard Compatibility
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2003, 10:01:47 pm »

MC launches and plays *just about* fine via my microsoft media keyboard (not wireless), using the default key setting of "launch media player".
I say *just about* because now and again for some reason I've been unable to nail yet, the player control buttons on the keyboard  seem to lose their bindings to MC. MC is always running in the system tray when I use the keyboard buttons and restoring, then minimising MC rebinds the keys.
When MC is in its restored state, the media keyboard buttons will only work if the playback control area of MC has focus.
Is this expected behaviour or a little bug-ette?
Pages: [1]   Go Up