Networks and Remotes > Remotes

JRemote (iOS) 3.42

(1/4) > >>

bob:
New in this version:

Fixes to CarPlay crashing on some systems.

shAf:
JRemote v.3.41 was crashing on my iPad Mini 6 this morning. It simply opens and closes immediately, giving me only enough time to see its version.

I noticed the v.3.42 update is available, but it does exactly the same thing, even after rebooting the device. However, both versions worked perfectly well with my iPhone Xs…

Please advise, or let me know what additional information I can provide…

Edit… it’s occurred to me that I had used Airplay with Youtube for the 1st time last night. I also noticed that other apps will also default to Airplay without being asked, e.g., JRemote. I turned off Airplay’s ‘automatic’ mode, but JRemote still crashes…

bob:

--- Quote from: shAf on January 09, 2024, 05:35:53 am ---JRemote v.3.41 was crashing on my iPad Mini 6 this morning. It simply opens and closes immediately, giving me only enough time to see its version.

I noticed the v.3.42 update is available, but it does exactly the same thing, even after rebooting the device. However, both versions worked perfectly well with my iPhone Xs…

Please advise, or let me know what additional information I can provide…

Edit… it’s occurred to me that I had used Airplay with Youtube for the 1st time last night. I also noticed that other apps will also default to Airplay without being asked, e.g., JRemote. I turned off Airplay’s ‘automatic’ mode, but JRemote still crashes…

--- End quote ---
Your database has likely gotten corrupted somehow or if you are auto-connecting to a particular server there is an issue with the articles on the server.
You could try turning articles support in MC off on that server and see if that fixes it. If it does, please email me a list of the articles. bob (at) jriver (dot) com
Otherwise you'll need to delete the app to wipe it's DB and re-download it creating a new DB.

shAf:

--- Quote from: bob on January 09, 2024, 08:43:13 am ---Your database has likely gotten corrupted somehow or if you are auto-connecting to a particular server there is an issue with the articles on the server.
You could try turning articles support in MC off on that server and see if that fixes it. If it does, please email me a list of the articles. bob (at) jriver (dot) com
Otherwise you'll need to delete the app to wipe it's DB and re-download it creating a new DB.

--- End quote ---

If you’re speaking of the server’s Db, why isn’t it also crashing on my iPhone?

I’ve never played with the server’s article support and I’m unsure as to where to find it. But I’ll poke around and get back to you…

bob:

--- Quote from: shAf on January 09, 2024, 10:03:30 am ---If you’re speaking of the server’s Db, why isn’t it also crashing on my iPhone?

I’ve never played with the server’s article support and I’m unsure as to where to find it. But I’ll poke around and get back to you…

--- End quote ---
No, JRemote has it's own database on the phone to store it's settings, etc.

Articles are in
Tools->Options
Search at the bottom on articles and you'll find the settings.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version