INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Issue backing up and restoring Library in MC31  (Read 228 times)

joetiii

• World Citizen
Issue backing up and restoring Library in MC31
« on: January 15, 2024, 06:08:46 pm »

I currently run MC28 in two places. One is on my PC laptop while another MC28 runs on my NAS. I typically import audio into the laptop and work on tagging the files, updating playlists etc. as it is much quicker than the NAS. Once complete, I backup the library and restore it to the NAS. has been working fine for 2 years.

Enter MC31. I signed up for MC32 early release and decided to upgrade to MC31 on my laptop to see whats different. I am still running MC28 on Linux NAS but have problems with MC31 crashing and burning when I try to import the MC28 library. I have restored MC28 on my laptop and all is good again. Kinda disappinted MC31 for PC doesnt like MC28 Linux.

Anybody have this issue and figure out if it's hardware of software related?

Richard Martin

• World Citizen
Re: Issue backing up and restoring Library in MC31
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2024, 12:32:33 am »

Why don't you run MC on the NAS as a server and the same version on the PC as a client if the server? You could still make your changes on the client, then sync them with the server. It would save a lot of messing about with backups and restores.

joetiii

• World Citizen
Re: Issue backing up and restoring Library in MC31
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2024, 06:03:03 am »

Why don't you run MC on the NAS as a server and the same version on the PC as a client if the server? You could still make your changes on the client, then sync them with the server. It would save a lot of messing about with backups and restores.

Ultimately, I will install MC32 on my NAS when that launches, of course also installing MC32 on my PC. I am by no means computer savvy and it was a challenge for me to get it all installed the first time.
Pages: [1]   Go Up