Windows > JRiver Media Center 32 for Windows

NEW: Faster and More Thorough Upgrade

(1/4) > >>

JimH:
When you install MC32 for the first time, it will search for a library first from MC31, then MC30, and so on, until it finds one.  The previous method searched from the oldest version forward, so this method is faster.

Linux and Mac will also now do upgrades from previous versions automatically, instead of requiring backups to be restored manually.

We will support restoring a backup from a foreign OS in the near future, so you'll be able to restore a Windows backup on Mac, for instance.

mattkhan:
this sounds like why one of my clients loaded a v old and wrong backup

--- Quote ---it will search for backups from MC31, MC30, and so on, until it finds one.
--- End quote ---
can you clarify the rules used here? I could compare to my setup, it might explain where the bug is

JimH:
It checks for libraries from most recent to oldest, instead of the other way around.

Your client libraries may not be what you think they are.

mattkhan:
As previously reported, MC backups for a client are poorly handled because you can't backup a client settings without first disconnecting from the server by loading a local library and then backing up.

In my case, I did the following

* Load local library
* Take new backup (which goes to a long standing selected location on a shared drive)
* Load server
* Run mc32 installer
" It automatically loaded some ancient backup from an unknown location

I then had to switch to a local library again, load the backup from the usual location (didn't have to pick this, it knew the folder) and then load the server again

Mc32 definitely got this wrong, there's clearly a bug here. it could ask something like "found backup in xxxx, use it or select something else?" to avoid such problems

Hendrik:
It doesn't use backups, but rather the library from an older version of MC, if its still installed. This shouldn't have fundamentally changed, except that a few bugs were fixed and improvements made - as well as extending similar function to Mac and Linux.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version