INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver Media Center 32.0.10 for Mac Silicon/Intel Universal build  (Read 1512 times)

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe

This is an initial build of JRiver Media Center 32 for Mac.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted.

Download Universal Silicon/Intel 64 bit build
https://files.jriver-cdn.com/mediacenter/channels/v32/latest/MediaCenter320010-Universal.dmg
(minimum requirement MacOS 10.13)

32.0.10 (1/26/2024)

1. Fixed: Crash on exiting Options from the Tree and View page.

32.0.9 (1/26/2024)

1. Fixed: On first install with no library, when auto copying from an older library, the Data/Custom Resources inadvertently contained a trailing \ making it unusable.

32.0.8 (1/25/2024)

1. Fixed: MCWS Browse/Rules wasn't parsing the type properly.
2. Changed: Slovak translation updated (thanks Peter Lukáč).
3. Changed: Switched from DLNA to Remote for MCWS Browse/Rules.
4. Fixed: The manage library fields dialog could be very small when showing for the first time.
5. Fixed: MC could not load EXIF "User Comment" tag written by other apps (e.g. Lightroom) if the image was previously tagged by MC.
6  Fixed: MC loaded XMP "Source" and "Label" tags into custom "Source" and "Label"fields after it already loaded them into stock "Source (Supply Chain)" and "Image Label" fields.  It should now only read these tags into the two stock fields.
7. Changed: The MCWS function Browse/Rules takes an optional type parameter and you can specify "tree" or "DLNA".
8. Fixed: View extras playback would always start on file zero instead of the selected file.
9. Changed: The MCWS function to show the user interface returns that it's not able to run if a library is currently loading.
10. Changed: XMP "Event" tag is mapped to MC's "Album" field.  Removed support for custom field "Event".
11. Changed: MCC_TREE_SET_EXPANDED with -1 saves and restores again (but Ctrl;G still uses 0 to collapse all).
12. Changed: MCC_TREE_SET_EXPANDED with 1 expands the tree roots but not everything (because that was overly slow).
13. Changed: Updated German translation file (thanks Bytestar).
14. Changed: Added Type to the MCWS Library/Fields so it can report if the field is a user field, saved in the tag, etc.
15. Fixed: The "List (loose)" data type did not show in the Manage Library Fields dialog (list fields that don't check acceptable values).
16. Changed: MC "Genre" field is mapped to IPTC:ObjectAttributeReference array tags, and to XMP:IntellectualGenre tag.
17. Changed: Reversed the change on "Camera" field made in build 5.  Now "Camera" will be editable.  MC will split the fields into Make and Model when saving to tags.
18. Changed: MC will simplify camera make and model strings by removing duplicates and wordy phrases.  For example,"NIKON CORPORATION" will become "Nikon" for Make tag, and "NIKON D310" will become "D310" for Model.
19. Fixed: Possible fix for unusual event processing crashes. Needs feedback, especially from universal control users.

32.0.6 (1/18/2024)

1. Fixed: Theater View playback of "Play All" did not start on the selected file.
2. Changed: MC will not only remove XMP, IPTC, MJMD image segments, but also remove the entire EXIF segment when executing "Remove Tags".
3. Changed: Removed the Media Library node at the root of Browse/Rules in MCWS.
4. NEW: For MC32 the initial run will copy upgrade the library, data, skins and trackinfos from the most recent previous major version of MC.
5. NEW: Skins and Trackinfos courtesy of English Tiger.
6. NEW: TrackInfo_InsertURL(fieldname) used to load a Hexified version of the named field into a TrackInfo Plugin.
7. Fixed: File Associations being set on first run of a new major version of MC wouldn't work and popup a black box with no information in it.

32.0.5 (1/17/2024)

1. NEW: Holding shift while pressing right arrow in the tree expands all (like the recently added menu item).
2. Fixed: The combobox height could be too tall when editing list fields.
3. Changed: Some tuning to the new Browse/Rules function (use full path, named categories, etc.).
4. Changed: "Camera" field is made "Clear-only", so users will not be able to change camera Make and Model in EXIF image tags.  Also user-defined custom fields "Make" and "Model" will not be supported in EXIF handling.

32.0.4 (1/16/2024)

1. Changed: Removed the Back to Exit function from Theater View introduced in 32.0.1.
2. NEW: Added Browse/Rules to MCWS to return the rules used building the browse tree.
3. Changed: MC's "Genre" field is no longer mapped to ITPC/XMP Category tag.

32.0.3 (1/15/2024)

1. Fixed: Analyzer could show extreme numbers when playing noise files (for not a number values) but now it simply shows a question mark.
2. Changed: In the tag window, list data type fields show the values as a list (instead of list edit type fields) which makes genre, artist, etc. show lists.
3. Changed: The MCWS UserInterface/Show now returns success if it doesn't need to change the selection.
4. Changed: Back to exit Theater View only exits if a half second has passed since the last back click.
5. Fixed: The new track info colors had the red and blue channels reversed.
6. Changed: When saving to XMP and ITPC image tags, "Artist" field that contains semi-colon separated list in MC will be saved in multiple "creator" (XMP) and "by-line" (IPTC) tags, instead of a single one.
7. Fixed: MC did not read XMP tags "xmp:Label" and "xmp:Rating" from the XMP segment.

32.0.2 (1/12/2024)

1. Changed: Updated the copyrights to 2024.
2. Changed: Made a few improvements to the new download library and files tool.
3. Fixed: TRACKINFO_INSERT_BACK_COLOR / TRACKINFO_INSERT_TEXT_COLOR were not working.
4. NEW: Added the right-click tree option to expand all the items under a selection (instead of just the selection).
5. Fixed: Some XMP image tags that involve alternate language arrays were not saved properly.

32.0.1 (1/11/2024)

5. Changed: Updated all translations to the latest strings from the code.
6. NEW: Added an advanced option to sort incoming playback files because the order coming from shell extensions could be shuffled (on by default).
7. Changed: Added media sub types: Business; Blog; Concert.
8. Changed: Made collapsing all the tree items simply always collapse (was saving and loading the expanded items).
9. Changed: Updated Greek translation (thanks Panagiotis).
10. Changed: Updated the Catalan language (thanks Josep).
11. NEW: Added an Enable ZoneSwitch toolbar button.
12. Changed: [TV Channel Number] field is now available for Media Type "Video", in addition to Media Type "TV" (for TV Channels).
13. NEW: If the remote control button "Recorded TV" can not find "Video\Shows" in Theater View, a few additional locations are tried to locate it, including root level "Shows" and "Recorded TV" and "Video\Recorded TV", etc.
14. NEW: Full screen video window will have Minimize button in addition to the Window Size button and Close button.
15. Changed: When adding cover art to a file, if no art is found next to the file it will search known subfolders as well (https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/View_Extras).
16. NEW: Added "Minimize" to the list of MC commands in remote control setup.
17. Changed: Theater View uses 20% larger fonts.
18. Changed: Added standard view to the loop of modes shown on F11 / Green Button.
19. Changed: Pressing back in Theater View when there's no place farther to go back closes Theater View by simulating F11.
20. Fixed: If Theater View was configured to switch to a zone on load, sometimes the load could not finish properly.
21. NEW: Added the ability to download the library and all the media files when connected to a library server.
23. NEW: Added a Display View toolbar button.
25. Changed: Updated Dutch translation (thanks Maarten).
26. Fixed: Genius lyrics lookup was failing on songs with parenthesis in the name.
27. NEW: Added a Reset Search Cache menu item to links to cause the search to be run again after editing a media type, etc.
28. Fixed: The image preview icon could not show in mixed lists.
29. Changed: The default value of the first parameter of MCWS function Television/GetRecordingScheduleXML will be "168", instead of "-1".
30. NEW: Added "Sorting" roller to Theater View library views to allow sorting using any of the default rules.
31. NEW: Added optional AlternatingColors property for Flush visualization component. It is of the form "N;HexColor1;HexColor2..." where N is the number of seconds between color changes. For example, "10;0x0000FF;0xFF0000;0x00FF00" would alternate between red, green, and blue every 10 seconds.
32. Changed: Removed some old code that no longer has any effect for playing a live TV channel on a Library Server client (using a tuner on the server).
33. NEW: Added "Duplicate" to the right-click menu on library views to make a new copy of the view.
34. NEW: Added TRACKINFO_INSERT_BACK_COLOR and TRACKINFO_INSERT_TEXT_COLOR to track info pages so the hex of each color can be loaded.
35. Fixed: Improved support for JPEG images with uncommon color encoding.
36. Fixed: Starting playback of a grouping of tracks with shuffle on would always start at the same track.
37. Fixed: bda TV might crash on stop when using Transport Stream time-shifting mode.
38. Changed: An empty password is no longer accepted to enter party mode.
39. Changed: A 400 error is returned from MCWS when the function name is not found.
40. Changed: Slovak translation updated (thanks Peter Lukáč).
41. Fixed: Calling MCWS Playback/PlayByFilename with invalid filenames now returns an error.
43. NEW: Implement the DLNA AVTransport command GetCurrentTransportActions dynamically according to play state.
44. Fixed: For the DLNA transport state, Always return 1 for the playspeed. Was 0 (when stopped) which appears to be incorrect.
45. Fixed: Make precision zone sync feature option determine whether or not it's exposed in the AVTransport XML play command. Fixes non-compliance with the spec.
46. Changed: Updated XMP library.
47. Changed: Updated GnuTLS and supporting libraries.
48. Changed: Updated WebP library.
49. Changed: Re-enabled writing of custom field "Event" to XMP metadata in images.
50. Fixed: MC wrote an new entry "State/Province" into a jpg image file's MJMD segment each time tags are saved to the image, resulting in multiple entries in the image.
51. Changed: Updated libplacebo in JRVR to the latest version.
52. Fixed: SRT subtitles with size parameters would render generally too small.
53. NEW: Added support for "pt" and "px" size definitions in inline string <font> parameters.
54. Changed: Empty text tokens no longer contribute vertical height when rendering text, resulting in a more consistent vertical spacing.
55. NEW: On initial run, if a previous major version library (like MC31) is found MC32 will automatically find and copy it, the cover art and thumbnails if they exist.

Magic_Randy

• MC Beta Team
  • I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure..
Re: JRiver Media Center 32.0.8 for Mac Silicon/Intel Universal build
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2024, 07:30:49 pm »

Crash on savings options still exists.
Crash report attached.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2024, 08:05:19 pm »

Crash on savings options still exists.
Crash report attached.
Same crash. Seems related to Sonoma eventing. Not sure what's particular about your install. I might need you to send me a copy of your library.

crashjtm

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2024, 08:34:47 pm »

I didn't see anything in the change logs but tested anyway - inserting CD still crashes.  I looked at rthe crash log - and it's crashing in the same place as reported in the 32.0.6 thread.

I'll keep an eye out to see if I still get the hangs.

Magic_Randy

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2024, 10:37:24 pm »

Same crash. Seems related to Sonoma eventing. Not sure what's particular about your install. I might need you to send me a copy of your library.
I can provide whatever you need.
Also, if there is some focused testing you want, please advise.

I have a small library - main - that is basically empty. I can reproduce it with this library.
I also created a new library that is basically empty. I can reproduce it with this library.
I can also reproduce it with my FLAC and MP3 libraries. These are ~51mb and 57 mb respectively.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2024, 11:20:39 pm »

I can provide whatever you need.
Also, if there is some focused testing you want, please advise.

I have a small library - main - that is basically empty. I can reproduce it with this library.
I also created a new library that is basically empty. I can reproduce it with this library.
I can also reproduce it with my FLAC and MP3 libraries. These are ~51mb and 57 mb respectively.
Great. Please zip up all of ~/Library/Application Support/J River/Media Center 32 (omitting the larger libraries) and email it to
bob (at) jriver (dot) com
Thanks.

Magic_Randy

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2024, 02:56:28 am »

Great. Please zip up all of ~/Library/Application Support/J River/Media Center 32 (omitting the larger libraries) and email it to
bob (at) jriver (dot) com
Thanks.
I've been doing more testing and may have narrowed it down.

My testing was based on making a change to options, then clicking on the OK button to save the changes.  To not lose track of my option changes, I did my testing with the Tree & View options.

On further testing, I found that the crash could be reproduced just by clicking on the OK button. I did not need to make a change to the option before clicking OK to invoke a crash.

And the crashing appears to be limited to the Tree & View options.

Try this to see if you can duplicate the crash:
Tools-->Options-->Tree & View-->OK Button

If you still need the library backups let me know.

Randy

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2024, 09:14:18 am »

I've been doing more testing and may have narrowed it down.

My testing was based on making a change to options, then clicking on the OK button to save the changes.  To not lose track of my option changes, I did my testing with the Tree & View options.

On further testing, I found that the crash could be reproduced just by clicking on the OK button. I did not need to make a change to the option before clicking OK to invoke a crash.

And the crashing appears to be limited to the Tree & View options.

Try this to see if you can duplicate the crash:
Tools-->Options-->Tree & View-->OK Button

If you still need the library backups let me know.

Randy
No  That helped me find it. It will be fixed in build 10 out shortly.

Magic_Randy

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2024, 10:09:34 am »

No, that help me find it. It will be fixed in build 10 out shortly.
Thanks Bob...

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2024, 02:14:04 pm »

Thanks Bob...
Thank YOU for tracking it down like that. Makes it a lot easier to debug. Build 10 is up now.

Magic_Randy

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2024, 04:40:07 pm »

Thank YOU for tracking it down like that. Makes it a lot easier to debug. Build 10 is up now.
Hi Bob - the link is still pointing to 32.0.9

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2024, 06:24:58 pm »

Hi Bob - the link is still pointing to 32.0.9
Fixed it. Thanks.

Magic_Randy

• MC Beta Team
Re: JRiver Media Center 32.0.10 for Mac Silicon/Intel Universal build
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2024, 07:14:20 pm »

32.0.10 (1/26/2024)

Fix verified.
Randy

MrBiff

• World Citizen
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2024, 01:05:23 pm »

32.0.10 (1/26/2024)

Also confirmed.

EnglishTiger

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2024, 01:19:57 am »

Bob - I got mixed results with MC32.0.10

Any changes to File Associations, which is reached via Tools > Options, are definitely sticking during a MC32 Session but are not being saved to wherever MC stores its settings ; resulting in them returning to their previous state when MC32 is restarted.

To me it looks that the switch used to trigger the "Do you want this application to make changes to the system" message/window on the Win-PC is not being set when changes to file associations are made in MC32 on the mac
Win NUC - VENOEN 11Th NUC Mini PC Core i7 1165G7,Dual HDMI 2.0+Mini DP,Windows 11 Mini Desktop Computer,Thunderbolt 4.0,1 Lan, USB-C,Wifi,Bluetooth 5.0,32GB RAM Toshiba MQ04ABF100 ‎500Gb 5400 RPM ‎eSATA HD, Gigabyte GP-GSM2NE3512GNTD 1Tb NVMe SSD, Samsung 870 QVO 8 TB SATA 2.5 Inch SSD (MZ-77Q8T0) in Sabrent Ultra Slim USB 3.0 to 2.5-Inch SATA External Aluminium Hard Drive Enclosure (EC-UK30)

Apple 2020 Mac mini M1 Chip (8GB RAM, 512GB SSD)
Sabrent Thunderbolt 3 to Dual NVMe M.2 SSD Tool-Free Enclosure with Sabrent 2TB Rocket NVMe PCIe M.2 2280 High Performance SSD + Crucial P3 Plus 4TB M.2 PCIe

ET Skins & TrackInfo Plugins - https://englishtiger.uk/index.html

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2024, 08:56:36 am »

Bob - I got mixed results with MC32.0.10

Any changes to File Associations, which is reached via Tools > Options, are definitely sticking during a MC32 Session but are not being saved to wherever MC stores its settings ; resulting in them returning to their previous state when MC32 is restarted.

To me it looks that the switch used to trigger the "Do you want this application to make changes to the system" message/window on the Win-PC is not being set when changes to file associations are made in MC32 on the mac
Thanks. The procedure for doing them is radically different on Mac. The PackageInstaller inserts our preferences into the OS. We tell it everything we support and define some that don't exist in MacOS by default then for each tell the system if we are the "owner" or not. The "owner" shows up at the top of Open With...
I actually don't know what the function in Tools->Options does so I'll look at it.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2024, 10:18:15 am »

Thanks. The procedure for doing them is radically different on Mac. The PackageInstaller inserts our preferences into the OS. We tell it everything we support and define some that don't exist in MacOS by default then for each tell the system if we are the "owner" or not. The "owner" shows up at the top of Open With...
I actually don't know what the function in Tools->Options does so I'll look at it.
It looks like the setting is static in macos (and linux for that matter) currently.

Package installer grabs mjr and mjp and claims ownership of them.

Media Center XX grabs everything Media Center plays, exports some types that MacOS is not usually aware of and adds ownership of
ape.

What if anything changes when you try to claim ownership of types in MC using the Tools->Options dialog?

EnglishTiger

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2024, 11:32:10 am »

If I use File Associations to switch several file types to Associated and then us the Import Single Folder the files of the type I've associated get imported i.e. if I associate flac files with MC they are imported, if I run Import Single Folder again to import the files from a different folder, i.e. a folder that contains a mix of dts, mka and mkv files they also get imported. Plus if I reopen the  Tools  >> Options >> File Association Form/Window it tells me those files are Associated. But if I restart MC and re-open that form/window all of the listed file types are showing as not associated. When I originally set MC up on the Mac under OS12 I restored a Win Library Backup to transfer all my playlists etc on to the Mac, deleted all the tracks from the library, cleared the deleted files database down and then imported the tracks into MC from the Mac's discs and that and every Import Sigle Folder always imported all the files of the associated types.

Bob - This may not be a "New Problem", when I first set up MC on the Mac I used restoring a MC Win Backup to transfer my setting and playlists from the Win to the Mac, deleted the files/tracks  from the library and deleted files database and the imported only the flac files from the Mac's Disks into MC.

It was only when I decided to re-align the Win and Mac MC Libraries, which meant that I would be importing dts, mka and mkv and would need to assign those file types with MC that the problems started happening.

Bob - is it possible that the way the file associations are initially being set was behind those .dts, .mka and .mkv files ending up under Data even though, until I changed them in MC32.0.6 those file types had never been set to Associated?
The only reason why I'm asking is on the win-pc MC would only import  those types of files after I went into File Associations to switch the relevant file associations on.
Win NUC - VENOEN 11Th NUC Mini PC Core i7 1165G7,Dual HDMI 2.0+Mini DP,Windows 11 Mini Desktop Computer,Thunderbolt 4.0,1 Lan, USB-C,Wifi,Bluetooth 5.0,32GB RAM Toshiba MQ04ABF100 ‎500Gb 5400 RPM ‎eSATA HD, Gigabyte GP-GSM2NE3512GNTD 1Tb NVMe SSD, Samsung 870 QVO 8 TB SATA 2.5 Inch SSD (MZ-77Q8T0) in Sabrent Ultra Slim USB 3.0 to 2.5-Inch SATA External Aluminium Hard Drive Enclosure (EC-UK30)

Sabrent Thunderbolt 3 to Dual NVMe M.2 SSD Tool-Free Enclosure with Sabrent 2TB Rocket NVMe PCIe M.2 2280 High Performance SSD + Crucial P3 Plus 4TB M.2 PCIe

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2024, 02:00:40 pm »

If I use File Associations to switch several file types to Associated and then us the Import Single Folder the files of the type I've associated get imported i.e. if I associate flac files with MC they are imported, if I run Import Single Folder again to import the files from a different folder, i.e. a folder that contains a mix of dts, mka and mkv files they also get imported. Plus if I reopen the  Tools  >> Options >> File Association Form/Window it tells me those files are Associated. But if I restart MC and re-open that form/window all of the listed file types are showing as not associated. When I originally set MC up on the Mac under OS12 I restored a Win Library Backup to transfer all my playlists etc on to the Mac, deleted all the tracks from the library, cleared the deleted files database down and then imported the tracks into MC from the Mac's discs and that and every Import Sigle Folder always imported all the files of the associated types.

Bob - This may not be a "New Problem", when I first set up MC on the Mac I used restoring a MC Win Backup to transfer my setting and playlists from the Win to the Mac, deleted the files/tracks  from the library and deleted files database and the imported only the flac files from the Mac's Disks into MC.

It was only when I decided to re-align the Win and Mac MC Libraries, which meant that I would be importing dts, mka and mkv and would need to assign those file types with MC that the problems started happening.

Bob - is it possible that the way the file associations are initially being set was behind those .dts, .mka and .mkv files ending up under Data even though, until I changed them in MC32.0.6 those file types had never been set to Associated?
The only reason why I'm asking is on the win-pc MC would only import  those types of files after I went into File Associations to switch the relevant file associations on.

Looking in the code, the setting of File Associations from Tools->Options->File Types is only used on windows and should be removed from Mac MC.
The file associations on Mac are static. MC's info.plist specifies what formats MC thinks it can play. We specify in there all of the formats MC can play. When MC is first run those get registered with the system for use on the Open With.. system context menu.

The PlayBack method from that dialog IS used and is saved.

The formats that will be imported depend on the settings underneath the media type (like Audio) when you do Tools->Import...
They are all selected by default. If you deselect one that's saved across runs.

The only reason something should show up in data is if the format couldn't be parsed.
Audio files are parsed by MC, Video by the JRWorker2 using the libav video plugin which MC downloads automatically.

EnglishTiger

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2024, 05:10:09 am »

This morning I reinstalled MC32.0.10 and then used finder to check which filetypes were being associated with MC, .flac, .mka and .mkv were but .dts was not, it was set to use Quicktime, so I changed it to use MC32. Yes I know .dts files need a codec that doesn't come with MC but my Samsung 7.1.4 Soundbar does have the ability to play DTS and Atmos tracks/files that are bitstreamed via HDMI.

In MC I then deleted the files in the folder that had the .mka, .mkv and .dts files in it, cleared the Removed Files Database and then successfully re-imported that folder.

I've also found another reason to curse

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2024, 09:03:28 am »

This morning I reinstalled MC32.0.10 and then used finder to check which filetypes were being associated with MC, .flac, .mka and .mkv were but .dts was not, it was set to use Quicktime, so I changed it to use MC32. Yes I know .dts files need a codec that doesn't come with MC but my Samsung 7.1.4 Soundbar does have the ability to play DTS and Atmos tracks/files that are bitstreamed via HDMI.

In MC I then deleted the files in the folder that had the .mka, .mkv and .dts files in it, cleared the Removed Files Database and then successfully re-imported that folder.

I've also found another reason to curse
MC is pretty conservative as to which formats it claims to "own".
It grabs .mjr, .mjp and .ape.
Those should always respond to a simple open command as the default app.
For the others MC will show up on the open with... list (except for .dts as you found).
If one wants MC to be the default for a file type they can do (right or control-click)
Get Info
Open With (Media Center 32)
Change all

Pages: [1]   Go Up