Devices > Androids and other portables

MC Windows Sync with Android Problems

<< < (3/3)

Mr Swordfish:

--- Quote from: JimH on July 25, 2024, 12:32:49 pm ---If there's a problem, we will fix it.

--- End quote ---

I wish I could be more specific about the problems, but here's what my experience has been:

MC does a fantastic job of syncing the specified files and playlists from my library to a folder on Windows.  I just tell it what to do, and it does it flawlessly as far as I can tell. And I'm syncing a large number of files - 25,000 files, about 300G of storage, hundreds of playlists.  I then use a third party app to sync this to the android.  Problem basically solved, so I've moved on.  (I don't use the conversion options since all my file formats are compatible with the software on the android, but that feature seemed to work the last time I tried it.)

The problem occurs when I try to point MC directly at the android file system.  Sometimes it crashes, sometimes it seems to work but the files are not transferred.  And this is tested with only one playlist with about half-a dozen files in it, so it's not a size  thing.  There seems to be some anomaly with the differences between the Windows  and the android file systems, but I can't say I understand the inner workings of android's file management system or how to make it interact with Windows.  Maybe there's some setting that needs to be configured?

From reading various posts in the forum it doesn't appear I'm the only one with this issue. I'd like to cut out the middleware and save some disc space, but right now this is not a priority for me.  The next step is getting another instance of MC to connect to my main library over the internet so I can use the full features of MC when I'm traveling instead of the limited features on the android, but that's a topic for another thread.

john_kane:
Swordfish,

Yeah, I've had similar issues, going way way back; probably way back posts along same lines. Different phones many versions of MC, have exercised and enabled all settings... really I open all up all usb comm and function in Android, some in developer options.

But like you, I found the only method that seems to work is to sync with MC  to a local folder, which is setup in MC as a device. And I then Sync that same folder to Android via other means.  I use a file sync client-server system from my NAS to do that.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version