INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Upgrading to JRiver Media Center 32.0.6 ?  (Read 375 times)

DMK1992

Upgrading to JRiver Media Center 32.0.6 ?
« on: February 03, 2024, 03:51:32 pm »

Hello fellow jriver users.

I have jriver 27 installed on my laptop. It's a 9th gen  Gigabyte Aero 17 SA with an i7 9750h and 16 GB of RAM / 512 GB solid state nvme drive.
Excellent software for playing my audio files (mostly CD quality). Should I upgrade to the newest version of jriver?  Are there any benefits to audio quality or video playback? I also like to watch music videos. Perhaps the newest version is  written with even more efficient code?

As a side note, my audio system / headphones etc. are very detailed and revealing. So crazy as it sounds, I can easily hear differences in sound quality vs jriver and other players - with and without changing settings. My DAC is very capable - from italy and resolves audio quality at nearly the level of high-end CD players. The ultimate goal for a playback software in my opinion is to be just like that optical pickup in the CD quality. JRiver does seem to have a "sound of its own" but that is very minimal compared to lesser softwares. JRiver is great.

Thank you.

DMK

Graham849

• Recent member
Re: Upgrading to JRiver Media Center 32.0.6 ?
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2024, 01:37:18 am »

That's fantastic that JRiver 27 and your audio hardware make you happy. Yes I agree JRiver is great.

I have updated from 29>30>31>32 as my thank you to the JRiver team, 29 did all I needed.  I operate JRiver in audio mode only and the latest versions seem to have more video embellishments.

lepa

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Upgrading to JRiver Media Center 32.0.6 ?
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2024, 04:10:06 am »

Video playback in v29? introduced JRVR (JRiver Video Renderer) which is IMO a great reason to upgrade if you are interested in videos.
Pages: [1]   Go Up