More > JRiver Media Center 30 for Linux

"Play Expression Expression" ?

(1/3) > >>

cochinada:
Hello good people!

My Standard View is not working as I designed it.
This is what I defined:

These are the respective Expressions and the View I get for each step:

1)
File Group Location (OK)

2)
Expression (OK)

if(IsEqual([File Group Location], Various Composers, 8 ),
if(IsEmpty([Disc #]), filefolder(), if(IsEqual(filefolder(,3 ), Various Composers, 8 ), filefolder(,2), filefolder(,1))),
Extract(6, Mid([FileName (path)], 46, -1), //, //)
)

3)
Expression (NOT OK!!!)

if(IsEmpty([Disc #]), filefolder(), if(IsEqual(filefolder(,3 ), Various Composers, 8 ), filefolder(,1), filefolder())),
if(IsEmpty([Disc #]), [Album], if(IsEqual (filefolder(,3 ), [Composer], 8 ), filefolder(,2), filefolder(,1)))
)

what is this nonsense Play Expression Expression with a 0 and a 1 instead of the expected Album names???

4)
Expression (NOT OK!!!)

filefolder()),
if(IsEmpty([Disc #]), [Album], if(IsEqual (filefolder(,3 ), [Composer], 8 ), filefolder(,1), filefolder()))
)

Again I have Play Expression with a 0...

5)
Expression (NOT OK!!!)

filefolder()

finally I should see here only the CDs belonging to "Brahms - The Masterworks" but I see other albums mixed as well.

My entire disc structure for Classical Music has a maximum of 5 sub-folders before the audio files.
All the files are organized similar to one of these examples below:

a)
[A-D]/Bach, Johann Sebastian/Complete Works Haenssler/VOL 01 Kantaten/CD2 - Cantatas BWV 4-6

b)
[E-M]/Liszt, Franz/Complete Piano Music - Leslie Howard/Vol 01 - The Waltzes

c)
[E-M]/Liszt, Franz/Bryon Janis Plays Lizst Concertos & Encores

d)
(Various Composers)/[Jordi Savall] CHRISTOPHORUS COLUMBUS - Paraísos Perdidos (SACD)/Disc 1/5.0

e)
(Various Composers)/[Ensemble Organum] Carmina Burana - Le Mystère de la Passion/CD1

f)
(Various Composers)/[Anonymous 4]/la bele marie

NOTE:
All multiple albums or compilations have always a Disc#. The only cases where Disc# is empty are for single Albums like in c) and f)
The path before the File Group Location on disc is common to all:

zybex:

--- Quote ---3) Expression (NOT OK!!!)

if(IsEmpty([Disc #]), filefolder(), if(IsEqual(filefolder(,3 ), Various Composers, 8 ), filefolder(,1), filefolder())),
if(IsEmpty([Disc #]), [Album], if(IsEqual (filefolder(,3 ), [Composer], 8 ), filefolder(,2), filefolder(,1)))

--- End quote ---
This is caused by an extra space after the "isequal " - because of this, it's not parsed as a valid function.

--- Quote ---4) Expression (NOT OK!!!)

filefolder()),
if(IsEmpty([Disc #]), [Album], if(IsEqual (filefolder(,3 ), [Composer], 8 ), filefolder(,1), filefolder()))
)

--- End quote ---

There's again an extra space, and also an extra parenthesis on the second line. The fixed expression is:

--- Code: ---if(IsEqual([File Group Location], Various Composers, 8 ), filefolder(),
if(IsEmpty([Disc #]), [Album],
if(IsEqual(filefolder(,3 ), [Composer], 8 ), filefolder(,1),
filefolder())))
--- End code ---

Boa sorte!

cochinada:
You are a genius Sir! I can't tell you how much time I have looked at this but not in one million Years I would imagine a space after the IsEqual was so crucial!
I find it very hard to find all the matching parentheses which is likely why I made the other mistake as well.
Everything looks great now but it's very late here and I need to do some checks to validate everything tomorrow with time.
Thank you so much!!!

I see you can also speak Portuguese  ;D

zybex:
You're welcome, há que ser solidário com os compatriotas ;)
Zelda's syntax highlighting really helps to find these issues.

cochinada:
Não esperava encontrar um compatriota por aqui  :D

This ZELDA is completely new to me. I will definitely try to play with it! Does it work with Linux?
Many thanks again!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version