INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Export library to XML  (Read 265 times)

Orac

• Recent member
Export library to XML
« on: February 11, 2024, 03:02:06 am »

When exporting a library using File->Library->Export to XML... is it possible to specify which tags are included?
For audio files with an image embedded, I would like to see the image width/height in the XML. I have written a parser in Python to extract the bits of the XML I'm interested in and write it to a CSV file which I can then import to Excel.

zybex

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Export library to XML
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2024, 04:15:07 am »

If your end goal is Excel you can simply go to a Details view, add the columns you want, then CTRL+A, CTRL+C, and CTRL+V into Excel.
You can also use File->Export Playlist to save directly as a CSV, and there you have the option to select which fields you want (or export all visible columns for that same Details view).

Orac

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2024, 05:03:33 am »

Thanks zybex, I will give that a go, I didn't realise you could copy/paste from a view.

Orac

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2024, 06:50:11 am »

If your end goal is Excel you can simply go to a Details view, add the columns you want, then CTRL+A, CTRL+C, and CTRL+V into Excel.
You can also use File->Export Playlist to save directly as a CSV, and there you have the option to select which fields you want (or export all visible columns for that same Details view).

I tried your suggestion and with a bit of tweaking and a custom view I got it to do exactly what I want.
Thanks again for your help.
Pages: [1]   Go Up