Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: HDR  (Read 310 times)

daladna

• Recent member
HDR
« on: January 24, 2024, 10:17:13 am »

hi creators. how about RTX Video HDR and RTX Video Super Resolution? i just watch that's thing in browser.

Is it possible to make JRiver with browser algorithms that allow those rtx functions? When I watch sdr video, i have to go to display settings for move bright lever up for sdr content. but this things make real unbelievable hdr from sdr. just need supported browser... for now is edge and chrome... so if found what makes that's browsers so special for the rtx setting works, and add that to jriver. so we could watch all sdr movies in hdr lol... For now youtube i will open only in chrome:) actually i think hdr is most underrated thing... and now, if everything sdr can be hdr is so cool.
thank you.
there source https://blogs.nvidia.com/blog/rtx-video-hdr-remix-studio-driver/ (game ready driver support this of course too)

eve

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: HDR
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2024, 03:58:27 pm »

hi creators. how about RTX Video HDR and RTX Video Super Resolution? i just watch that's thing in browser.

Is it possible to make JRiver with browser algorithms that allow those rtx functions? When I watch sdr video, i have to go to display settings for move bright lever up for sdr content. but this things make real unbelievable hdr from sdr. just need supported browser... for now is edge and chrome... so if found what makes that's browsers so special for the rtx setting works, and add that to jriver. so we could watch all sdr movies in hdr lol... For now youtube i will open only in chrome:) actually i think hdr is most underrated thing... and now, if everything sdr can be hdr is so cool.
thank you.
there source https://blogs.nvidia.com/blog/rtx-video-hdr-remix-studio-driver/ (game ready driver support this of course too)
Both JRVR and MadVR do better scaling than RTX Video Super Resolution IMO, and I'm sure others can chime in with similar observations.

As for going from SDR > HDR. That's it's own thing. If there's such a huge difference I implore you to check your display's picture config for both SDR and HDR modes. ;)

whoareyou

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2024, 04:17:31 pm »

Both JRVR and MadVR do better scaling than RTX Video Super Resolution IMO, and I'm sure others can chime in with similar observations.

As for going from SDR > HDR. That's it's own thing. If there's such a huge difference I implore you to check your display's picture config for both SDR and HDR modes. ;)
Along those lines, the Windows HDR calibration app can be tried.  I was skeptical, but it actually improved things for me.  Simple to try and free. 

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/calibrate-your-hdr-display-using-the-windows-hdr-calibration-app-f30f4809-3369-43e4-9b02-9eabebd23f19
Windows 11 Pro
Intel i7-12700K / 32MBRam /
ASUS Dual GeForce RTX 4070
4K Sony x900h

daladna

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2024, 06:54:20 am »

thank you guys for answers, but i had calibrated hdr from first day i get the monitor. and yes after new nvidia driver rtx video card do a job in any way 4090 do it very well:) and only one way for now watch rtx "hdred" sdr content is play it in chrome or edge browser, but mkv files plays without sound... i super resolution is last what interesting, but it's would be cool too. but hdr for now is real unexpectable miracle.... all youtube and netflix for now is hdr hahaah. so would be really nice if jriver will support this stuff... almost all my video in mkv so for watch sdr one with rtx hdr i need open that in the chrome, and then open in media player, and depress pause in right time for sync sound with video lol,,, but if jriver will support this stuff, it's would be cool

jsmith967

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2024, 06:16:31 am »

You can render with jrvr

No capture card I have heard of passes such metadata through, if it did or MC adds support for manually overriding it, then it should work

I do not think it is a metadata issue in that regard. I am a novice about this stuff. However, it is my understanding that for dynamic tone mapping for HDR sources, JRiver needs some sort of a "metadata injector" in order to trigger frame by frame tone mapping. There is no current injector that works with JRVR, as far as I know. My understanding is that dynamic tone mapping disregards the metadata and analyzes each frame, effectively making its own metadata to then tone map to the display. Per the thread below, JRiver does not have this capability yet BUT I WOULD LOVE FOR IT TO, and others would as well. If this is something that JRiver already supports, could you describe how it overcomes the difficulties that the thread below mentions?

https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,131791.msg947995.html#msg947995

mattkhan

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2024, 07:09:53 am »

You just repeated what I said in more words :) either the source has to provide it or MC has to let you override it

eve

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2024, 03:39:25 am »

thank you guys for answers, but i had calibrated hdr from first day i get the monitor. and yes after new nvidia driver rtx video card do a job in any way 4090 do it very well:) and only one way for now watch rtx "hdred" sdr content is play it in chrome or edge browser, but mkv files plays without sound... i super resolution is last what interesting, but it's would be cool too. but hdr for now is real unexpectable miracle.... all youtube and netflix for now is hdr hahaah. so would be really nice if jriver will support this stuff... almost all my video in mkv so for watch sdr one with rtx hdr i need open that in the chrome, and then open in media player, and depress pause in right time for sync sound with video lol,,, but if jriver will support this stuff, it's would be cool

The MKVs aren't playing with sound in chrome most likely because chrome wont decode multichannel bitstream audio that uses codecs like DTS.
JRVR is going to provide excellent results with scaling, probably better than RTX Super Resolution. I found RTX Super Resolution to be very unimpressive when my buddy showed me it. It's a little heavy handed, like I know it's there? Idk.

DocCharky

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2024, 12:00:30 pm »

Alternatively, you could force Windows AutoHDR on JRiver with this: https://github.com/ledoge/autohdr_force
Charky

"Rule #1 : If it works, don't change anything."

daladna

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2024, 10:29:38 pm »

Alternatively, you could force Windows AutoHDR on JRiver with this: https://github.com/ledoge/autohdr_force
THANK you...sorry. thank you very much, your advice helps me, really. but was out at same source rtx hdr https://github.com/emoose/VideoRenderer

and now, after long time use jriver as default for avi and mkv.... i use for everything mpc... and i don't like this, and want go back to JRiver

but rtx hdr is really cool, it's obviously better than auto hdr,

i find same mod for games... so autohdr is gone for games too. with mpc i have now just a little problem, black bar if that part of frame it's a problem, and i have to use external zoom, because if use rtx hdr and use internal frame zoom one pixel out of monitor size and we got heavy saturation. but i haven't much movies with this stuff and can easy zoom by 3rd softwar to the normal size...

so i guess today is necessary. perfect situation would be if madvr would upgrade to condition their codec for auto crop black bar and with this use rtx video hdr. but i will test autohdr_force. thank you again

p.s. don't use reg file for rtx super resolution. in my case it's fully kill the modified mpc render.

p.p.s. i change my mind, i will not use force auto hdr... there even no short instruction, i afraid broke something again:) for now all works good. but if jr can do same that's would be perfect

p.p.p.s. well. thanx, to your link and i read how to start and use it i found the same way for https://www.nexusmods.com/site/mods/781?tab=posts that's made games rtx hdr. and thanx to your post i get it can be used for jriver. and this stuff works:) by this way i even can zoom it internal jriver, i don't need it, but no saturation, i couldn't believe it can works that's way so test that in many films moves picture by muse(zoomed by external stuff) and saw how hdr layer gone and back again... so now... we got that rtx hdr evrtywhere lol. thank you for your link, this was helpfull very much

p.p.p.p.s. find other problem lol. if use exe profile method instead of change renderer. all hdr files become overbrighted sdr lol... so dilemma use everything in mpc-hc. or only hdr. or for be sure use for hdr something 3rd for be sure no cross rtx with native. crazy situation:)
p.p.p.p.p.s. now i think the end of post. thank you, for create the thread. this is cool. and the absolute thing - now. most friendly and useful and convenient jriver when use madvr. can auto crop/zoom and show incredible rtx hdr on sdr files. just must have for any format sdr if use that mention mod from nexusmods. for native hdr i guess we can use all relative new players. other way i guess create two bat files for enable and disable rtx hdr for jriver itself. thank you all
Pages: [1]   Go Up