More > JRiver Media Center 31 for Linux

Linux friendly DAC's?

<< < (2/2)

penger10:
Thanks for the responses, it seems like either of them would be safe bets!
I don't know if this should be in another question, but does anyone know if the advertised performance, ie 384khz at 32 bit depth on USB is attainable on USB 2?  I have space to put a USB 3 card on my mobo, I suspect it probably needs USB 3, but I've only got 2 on this box.

craigmcg:
I'm not sure that the Topping supports USB 3 speeds based on the USB port on the back (the few USB 3 hard drives have a different connector) and my quick scan missed any mention of USB 3 but it does say that it supports DSD512 and PCM 768kHz.

penger10:

--- Quote from: craigmcg on February 16, 2024, 01:56:33 pm ---I'm not sure that the Topping supports USB 3 speeds based on the USB port on the back (the few USB 3 hard drives have a different connector) and my quick scan missed any mention of USB 3 but it does say that it supports DSD512 and PCM 768kHz.

--- End quote ---

I see what you mean re: the Topping E50, interestingly the iFi Zen DAC V2 does appear to have a USB 3 connector and tops out about 384kHz PCM.  I'm leaning towards the iFi.  I Iike that it has a headphone jack, knobs and switches.  Had too many touch sensitive controls that've failed on me.  I'm sure either would be an upgrade for me.

atreides:
My Fiio K5 Pro appears to do fine on Linux.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version