INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Podcasts not downloading  (Read 243 times)

warchild

• Recent member
Podcasts not downloading
« on: February 21, 2024, 02:13:42 pm »

Hi;
I'm on Arch Linux, On both mc31 and MC 32 the podcasts do not download. The message is retry and after 2 of those the message is failed.
MC31 was installed with Arch's dpkg and MC 32 installed via paru and AUR. Odd problem, tried for over a week but clearly not going to resolve itself.

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Podcasts not downloading
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2024, 09:22:52 am »

Hi;
I'm on Arch Linux, On both mc31 and MC 32 the podcasts do not download. The message is retry and after 2 of those the message is failed.
MC31 was installed with Arch's dpkg and MC 32 installed via paru and AUR. Odd problem, tried for over a week but clearly not going to resolve itself.
You likely have an issue with the ca-certificates.crt storage since you are not running on a debian distribution.
See here:
https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Linux_Installation_%26_Removal#Issues_with_licensing_and.2For_secure_web_access_from_within_MC

warchild

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2024, 12:07:05 pm »

I appreciate your spending your valuable time of this. I had no problem entering my license in MC.
I followed the wiki directions and cp'd the crt file to the correct location. I opened MC and got the same results. I did a warm reboot and still got the same reaction.
I ran a find and on system disk found only the two expected crt files. I did find the .crt file all over  my old debian backups!
It's not a huge deal. I like the way MC handles podcasts.Easy enough to work around and I remain a long term - since MC17 -customer.

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2024, 02:17:50 pm »

I appreciate your spending you valuable time of this. I had no problem entering my license of MC.
I followed the wiki directions and cp'd the crt file to the correct location. I opened MC and got the dame results. I did a warm reboot and still got the same reaction.
I ran a fund and on system disk found only the two expected crt files. I did find the .crt file all over  my old debian backups!
It's not a huge deal. I like the way MC handles podcasts.Easy enough to work around and I remain a long term - since MC17 -customer.
Thanks for the reply. Will check into it more. I may ask you for some specific urls.
Pages: [1]   Go Up