Devices > PC's and Other Hardware

Feeding a USB source into JRiver - with automatic sample rate switching

(1/3) > >>

jjrr:
Hi JRiver staff, I saw this by CamillaDSP:
https://github.com/marcoevang/camilladsp-setrate

Is it possible for JRiver to support something like this?

I would love to feed JRiver a USB source and have all the great DSP applied to it.

I know about ASIO driver on Windows but I use Mac and Linux.

mattkhan:
Some form of input support is a longstanding feature request on Linux/mac, it's not available at this time though.

jjrr:
But since the RPi4 can do it, if JRiver could load some kind of firmware image onto the Pi4.

Then all of Windows, mac and Linux JRIver apps could "pull" audio from the Pi4.

Instead of making a virtual driver on macOS , make a fimware image that can go on Pi4

Then the desktop software 'pull's from the Pi4 firmware

And what I am talking about is something HQPlayer by Signalyst can already do, exactly in the way I wrote above.

Would be great for JRiver to offer similar...

mattkhan:
Having an audio input on Linux, and presumably Mac, is not something that requires a custom firmware or anything like that. It just needs software support for an input in MC, unfortunately that appears to be tied to windows specific interfaces (wasapi loopback, asio, wdm) rather than something reusable with a pluggable interface layer and/or the os specific variant of that interface layer has not been prioritised hence does not exist.

jjrr:
The point is to essentially have a hardware input

Then you don't need to have anything for macOS or Windows specific.

Less support issues with different OS

The hardware image is linux based and is proven to be working with camillaDSP and HQPlayer etc.

Then JRiver on Windows or macOS talk just to this firmware on RPi4 to pull in any stream.

The suggestion you make is exactly why nothing works on macOS still today, especially with automatic sample rate switching

Just in case you didn't understand... HQPlayer on macOS pulls stream from RPi4 - and thus supports automatic sample rate switching via the RPi4... And gets around macOS limitation.... the same limitation JRIver on macOS has in this regard

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version