INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I changed the Theater view skin, now I regret it...  (Read 459 times)

antenna

• Galactic Citizen
I changed the Theater view skin, now I regret it...
« on: February 25, 2024, 11:02:28 pm »

I wanted to view other Theater view skins.

Long story short... now, as I listen to music ("audio") I see a fully black screen, not the prior images that Theater view had presented as the song played.

How do I get back to the prior Theater view behavior?

OK, added after listening to more songs..

Some songs seem to have the images, but others have nothing but a black screen.

How do I resolve this?

=========
Vinyl: Shure V15VxMR, Shure VN5MR stylus, VPI Scout turntable
Shellac: Shure M91, Shure N75-3 stylus,  Dual 1218 turntable

Apt Holman preamp (updated), Benchmark Media ADC-1, Benchmark Media DAC-1, Carver TFM-45 power amp (updated), Original Acoustic Research AR-9 speakers (LF surrounds replaced), Sennheiser HD590 headphones

antenna

• Galactic Citizen
Re: I changed the Theater view skin, now I regret it...
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2024, 01:01:17 am »

More info:

Tools>Theater View>Theme (Default)>Online media slideshow

shows the same as I had set it previously.

Show online media slideshows in file video

is still checked.

LastFM and The MovieDb are checked.

Google Images is not checked because of the, I'll say, inappropriate images I saw when that option was checked.

So, basically, the options I selected seem to remain the same, yet, I see fully black screens at times (something I had not seen previously with MC31) as I am enjoying tunes.

=========

Apt Holman preamp (updated), Benchmark Media ADC-1, Benchmark Media DAC-1, Carver TFM-45 power amp (updated), Original Acoustic Research AR-9 speakers (LF surrounds replaced), Sennheiser HD590 headphones

antenna

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2024, 02:16:19 am »

Forgot to add...

MC 32.0.20 on both the MC server on the desktop and the MC client in the entertainment center.

=========

Jappie

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2024, 02:26:31 am »

Hello 'Galactic Citizen',
I am not a Media Center wizard but I give it a go... When I forget what I changed through Options and settings: Restore Library. Works always. File -> Library -> Restore Library -> click Browse and select the most recent (or earlier) backup-file -> Options, perhaps deselect 'Restore Library and playlists' because you only want the settings to return to 'normal'...
MC makes automatic library-backups so you should be able to return to a normal functioning program.
I recently got interested in editing MC Skins. Pfff... Making a website is easier.

antenna

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2024, 06:45:50 pm »

> I am not a Media Center wizard but I give it a go...

Nor am I.

I reverted to the prior theme in Theater view, and the issues I had went away.

Some more details...

The prior skin was Obsidian.  That one had worked well for me in the past.  Which raised the first question I asked myself, i.e., if it was working well, why did I change it?  Well, you know what they say about curiosity and cats...

I changed it to the Glass skin.

That's where I saw the black screens. (and, yeah, I openly admit that I should have supplied those "skin" details in my first comment here.  My apologies.)

So, this evening, as I am enjoying tunes via the awesome MC, I am back to the Obsidian skin.

And all is looking excellent, behavior I have come to expect from MC.

I don't think it was a library restore issue.  I did the library restore when I upgraded to MC 32.

But many thanks for your comment.  I appreciate it your assistance!  I hope you enjoy MC as much as I do.  :)
=========

Pages: [1]   Go Up