INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: CD ripping  (Read 136 times)

RalfK

• Recent member
CD ripping
« on: April 30, 2024, 10:40:08 am »

I recently took a closer look at CD ripping in MC32. This seems to work well. So great feature! Especially because you can also play CDs directly. But you still can't really use this with a headless system. I mentioned this about MC31 last year. Without a GUI you can neither start ripping nor playback.
A corresponding function in JRemote or Panel would be ideal.
Alternatively, the following idea could work:
You can use MCWS to start a rip from a browser using the command:
Code: [Select]
http://your.server.ip.addr:52199/MCWS/v1/Control/MCC?Command=23001
The command must be executed twice as the first command brings up the rip dialog box and the second actually initiates the rip.
This actually works.
Now, can someone tell me if there are also corresponding commands for Start Playback and Eject?
Then we could perhaps program a small tool.

terrym@tassie

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
Re: CD ripping
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2024, 07:07:40 pm »

AFAIK there is no MCWS, core command or command line option to eject a disc from a cd/dvd/bluray disc drive.
There are command line options to playback an audio/dvd/bluray disc, but they seem to be for Windows only as the drive id can only be specified as a drive letter e.g. MC32.exe /AudioCD D: according to the Wiki.

So, AFAIK, I don't think using a linux headless MC server as a 'CD/DVD/bluray player' is currently possible via scripting/JRemote(2)/Panel/MC client.

Searching the forum, it doesn't seem to be a much-requested feature either, most MC users seem to prefer the 'rip, import, then play from library' model.
I personally think it would be useful to have the capability cross-platform to be able to rip and playback CD/DVD/bluray discs on headless MC servers using JRemote or Panel.
I'm still happy to push the eject button on my server optical drive to get the disc back so not too concerned about an eject command.

" I like work: it fascinates me. I can sit and look at it for hours." -Jerome K. Jerome
Pages: [1]   Go Up