Networks and Remotes > Media Network

UPnP Problem with BubbleUPnP

(1/13) > >>

Mr. Odd:
I've been using the JRiver MC / BubbleUPnP Server & remote combo for years. I reboot my server overnight automatically. BubbleUPnP remote on Android loads my artist list instantly (about 1000 entries) ONLY the first time each day and then subsequently there's a delay - it loads the first 10, then the first half after about 15s then the rest after another 15s. I've never understood what causes the delay, clearly it's not cached.

Do other Android remotes allow access to your MC library outside of your home wifi (ie on a cellular connection)? The last time I looked at MO4Media, it didn't support that function.

I still use EOS occasionally when I want to look up play stats remotely, it's the only remote I know of that lets me review the "Last Played" field.

Awesome Donkey:

--- Quote from: Mr. Odd on March 06, 2024, 02:09:41 pm ---BubbleUPnP remote on Android loads my artist list instantly (about 1000 entries) ONLY the first time and then subsequently there's a delay - it loads the first 10, then the first half after about 15s then the rest after another 15s. I've never understood what causes the delay, clearly it's not cached.
--- End quote ---

This. THIS. This same exact thing happens to me too, as I noted above, and I have no idea why it does this (and I've tried multiple things to try to workaround it and nada). This is the main reason I can't use BubbleUPnP at all. Well, this and the whole mess with how it deals with adding entire albums (it only adds the track you select and the sequential tracks, and not all previous tracks too) to now playing annoys the living hell out of me with no option to set it the way I'd like.

--- Quote from: Mr. Odd on March 06, 2024, 02:09:41 pm ---Do other Android remotes allow access to your MC library outside of your home wifi (ie on a cellular connection)? The last time I looked at MO4Media, it didn't support that function.
--- End quote ---

Yes, you have to forward and open specific ports (52199-52200) and use an access key. I can access my library with JRemote2, MO 4Media, etc. outside my network using mobile data just fine.

stanger89:

--- Quote from: JimH on February 14, 2024, 03:31:10 pm ---Have you tried updating JRiver for Android?  It's been less rocky recently.

--- End quote ---

I missed this reply, I guess I didn't subscribe to this topic.

I just checked and as of right now I'm using 32.0.03, and still having the same issues, documented here:
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,137690.0.html
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,137429.0.html

Namely, if the Bluetooth connection is broken, I have to force stop and restart Jr4A to get playback to work again.  And today playback is just "glitchy" just slight pauses in playback somewhat frequently (at least once/song I'd guess).

markf2748:

--- Quote from: Awesome Donkey on March 06, 2024, 02:34:42 pm ---... and the whole mess with how it deals with adding entire albums (it only adds the track you select and the sequential tracks, and not all previous tracks too) to now playing annoys the living hell out of me with no option to set it the way I'd like.
--- End quote ---
See attachment for one way to add an entire album to an empty Android BubbleUPnP Playlist.  "Add+" button in Step 5 is key; the confirmation popup at the bottom vanishes after about 2 seconds.  However you can also do it straight from Step 3 (possibly multiple albums) and Step 4, in both cases using the 3 dot menu > Enqueue.  There are also other "Enqueue" options, depending on your selection.  It's all pretty straightforward and works well for me.

Some of my settings are shown in the second attachment.  Note I have Audio Cast turned off in my use case.  I am also running BubbleUPnP Server on the MC PC Server computer to create DLNA zones in MC and transcode for Chromecast Audio renderers.   I have not fully tested whether that server impacts the Android Player performance in any other way, but I am inclined to think it does not.

Aside:  It is possible to have Android BubbleUPnP connect directly to BubbleUPnP Server, including from outside the home network, but that is not the subject here. https://www.bubblesoftapps.com/bubbleupnpserver2/docs/connect_with_bubbleupnp.html

I can't reproduce your loading problem.  Bubblesoft has E-mail tech support and an active forum if you are inclined to pursue this issue.

markf2748:

--- Quote from: markf2748 on February 16, 2024, 05:24:20 pm ---... Bubble Device Discovery beats MC Device Discovery (and hence all apps that depend on it) hands down in my home wi-fi network....
--- End quote ---
Recently, in Version 32.0.21 (2/27/2024), JRiver addressed issues related to their server performance and blocking error messages which could cause network device zones to "randomly vanish" or never appear under MC Playing Now.  Since these fixes, the MC server has effectively become much more reliable.   :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version