Networks and Remotes > Media Network

UPnP Problem with BubbleUPnP

<< < (2/13) > >>

bubbleguuum:

--- Quote from: Awesome Donkey on February 15, 2024, 03:48:49 pm ---I mean, I can understand where you're coming from. Though to be honest my experience with BubbleUPnP has been a bit... annoying to deal with.

My main issues with BubbleUPnP on Android are 1) it is very slow at loading the list of my music library's artists (which is over 1,200) compared to JRemote2, MO 4Media and Panel with BubbleUPnP taking up to 30 seconds to load the entire list from A to Z. The remote apps on the other hand must cache this or handle it differently or something, because it loads the entire list near instantly. Same for albums (over 10,000) too, it's not just the artists list that's slow to load in BubbleUPnP. 2) is with how it handles now playing, you can select a track (e.g. track 2 of a 10 track album) and have it play the selected track and add the remaining tracks of the album to the now playing playlist. The problem with that is a) it doesn't add tracks before it like you'd expect it to do if it was playing back an entire album and b) it removes played tracks from the playlist. I don't think there's any options to play a certain song and add all tracks (including preceding tracks) to the now playing list. This one is almost a dealbreaker for me, it's quite annoying.

--- End quote ---

BubbleUPnP dev here.

1. Using MC 32.0.20, I cannot reproduce the slow loading 'Artist' folder you describe. Assuming it is the root 'Artist' folder.
It loads nearly instantly in less than 2s every time for me for about 500 artists. I have no explanation why it would be slow.
If you want to send me a log file, let me know for instructions.

2. There are many ways to play/enqueue tracks in BubbleUPnP as described in a detailed post above.
If you wish, you can change the default tap action on an item in More > Settings > Library > Item tap action. There are also various play/enqueue choices in the 3 dot menu of a track.

Awesome Donkey:
The latest BubbleUPnP seems to addressed my second issue, with the Play all items, playback starts at tapped item option (which if this was an option before and I didn't see it even after going through all tap item options, I really must be going blind).

But the slow loading still happens, and yes it's with Artist (specifically with the view set to Album Artist (auto) and then Album, which should be typical for Artist). Sure, what's the log instructions? :)

bubbleguuum:

--- Quote from: Awesome Donkey on March 08, 2024, 08:52:33 am ---The latest BubbleUPnP seems to addressed my second issue, with the Play all items, playback starts at tapped item option (which if this was an option before and I didn't see it even after going through all tap item options, I really must be going blind).

--- End quote ---

Yes this choice is new and I added it in the latest version as another user made me notice it was lacking.

--- Quote from: Awesome Donkey on March 08, 2024, 08:52:33 am ---But the slow loading still happens, and yes it's with Artist (specifically with the view set to Album Artist (auto) and then Album, which should be typical for Artist). Sure, what's the log instructions? :)

--- End quote ---

Send me (at bubblesoftproducts@gmail.com) a log file, loading that Artist folder that takes forever to load (let it load completely):

- launch the app
- go into More > Settings > Control
- Enable "logging to file" (at the end of the page).
- IMPORTANT: Exit the app (More > Exit)
- restart the app
- load that Artist folder that takes forever to load (let it load completely)
- exit the app (More > Exit)
- email me the files found on internal storage:

On Android 10 and below:

/Android/data/com.bubblesoft.android.bubbleupnp/log.txt
/Android/data/com.bubblesoft.android.bubbleupnp/prev_log.txt (if present)

On Android 11 and higher:

/Downloads/com.bubblesoft.android.bubbleupnp_log.txt
/Downloads/prev_com.bubblesoft.android.bubbleupnp_log.txt (if present)

You can access them with a file manager app and share them to your email app for sending them.

IMPORTANT: Make sure to not restart BubbleUPnP until you have sent or saved the log file as it is overwritten on app startup.

Awesome Donkey:
Groovy, sent! :) Hopefully it helps.

markf2748:
One thing I notice is that @AD refers to views which I assume are in his MC Library, such as "Album Artist (auto)", when choosing a library within Bubble.

The library views which I see in Bubble (first attachment) are apparently its defaults for a Generic DLNA library, which is what I get with BubbleUPnP Server transcoding for my Chromecast Audio renderers in MC.  I don't see my named MC Audio Views (2nd attachment) in Android BubbleUPnP.  However, the contents (albums) of the Bubble generic library views agree in full with my MC media library views:  all load quickly, are ordered as expected, and play fine.

On the other hand, MO 4Media, JRemote2, Gizmo, and JRiver Panel all show six library view names which exactly match the six selected in:
**  MC Options > Media Network > Advanced > Customize views for JRemote, Gizmo, & Panel... (third attachment).

I point out this difference in Library view names between Bubble (as I use it) and the other Android apps, just in case it's relevant.

Bubble appears to be less dependent on the MC Tree than the other apps.  But with JRiver's recent improvements, I speculate equivalence between Bubble and the other apps wrt network device discovery.

3/9/2024 Update:  Android BubbleUPnP displays exactly the same named library views as the other players when I select the views in:

**  MC Options > Media Network > Add or configure DLNA servers > Generic DLNA > Customize views > Add > Library item from Standard View > Audio\.......

I then find it necessary to select and edit each view under "... > Generic DLNA > Customize views... > Edit > Expression to display" to remove my custom formatting which is not interpreted by BubbleUPnP and hence appears as literal text in its library listings.

Apologies for the confusion around this subject.  Maybe the post will help someone else.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version