INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Movie Collections  (Read 748 times)

1maynard

• World Citizen
Movie Collections
« on: February 08, 2024, 01:12:44 pm »

I have been trying to organize my movies to display in collections for quite some time and I finally accomplished it. I used my client laptop that I use to copy DVD's and cd's to my files and then transfer them to my main MC server. I have all movies loaded into their own folder and then into a collection folder, All Star Wars in one file folder etc. I added a collection field to tagging and it works perfect. My question is I cannot get it to work on my server PC. Both client and server are running the latest JRiver Media Center 32 for Windows. I have tried to duplicate all the settings and changes I made and no go. My question is do you think I can load a library backup from the client onto the server and if it works and displays properly then add the files from the server to the library and then organize those files into collections. Before I try this I will do backups.

Intel I7-8700K, GTX1080 Ti Gaming, 16 GB ram, Silverstone GD08, Integra DRX R1.1  AVR, LG OLED B6 65 TV, Oppo UHD-203 DVD. Klipsch Reference 7.1 Speakers. [2] HDHomerun HDHR4-2 OTA tuners. Win 10 Pro 64 bit

1maynard

• World Citizen
Re: Movie Collections Update.
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2024, 06:46:23 am »

I was able to successfully load the library from my laptop client onto the HTPC server and now the collections display properly in Theatre View on the HTPC. I really wish I knew why I could not get the collection to work when using the library that was on the server. I reviewed all settings and they are the same.  I will now load the files from the server in the new library after I back it up and see if it still works. Spending way too much time on this project.
Intel I7-8700K, GTX1080 Ti Gaming, 16 GB ram, Silverstone GD08, Integra DRX R1.1  AVR, LG OLED B6 65 TV, Oppo UHD-203 DVD. Klipsch Reference 7.1 Speakers. [2] HDHomerun HDHR4-2 OTA tuners. Win 10 Pro 64 bit

ndgame

• Recent member
Re: Movie Collections
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2024, 11:44:49 am »

I am really curious how you did this.   When I go to Options and and select Theater View I got to the bottom and select Movies ( moved movies out of the default video category) I then right click movies and click "Add" then "Library Item" and I scroll through the list and click series.  But after testing this in Theater View and click series (collections as I renamed it) there is nothing there.

Any instruction on how to do this would be great.

MGD_King

• Citizen of the Universe
  • It's not easy being me, but it sure is fun!
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2024, 01:47:33 pm »

I am really curious how you did this.   When I go to Options and and select Theater View I got to the bottom and select Movies ( moved movies out of the default video category) I then right click movies and click "Add" then "Library Item" and I scroll through the list and click series.  But after testing this in Theater View and click series (collections as I renamed it) there is nothing there.

Any instruction on how to do this would be great.
One of the most powerful tools that MC has always had is the tagging feature, IMO! This is how I have mine set up. Look for the "Series" field of your movie and make sure that's filled in. Then in your Theater View options (Options --> Theater View) look for the "Items to Show". Under Videos, look for "Collections" and then set it the Series field. I can't remember if that's there by default because I've been using this for so long I forgot what stock MC even looks like. LOL

1maynard

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2024, 07:44:59 pm »

One of the most powerful tools that MC has always had is the tagging feature, IMO! This is how I have mine set up. Look for the "Series" field of your movie and make sure that's filled in. Then in your Theater View options (Options --> Theater View) look for the "Items to Show". Under Videos, look for "Collections" and then set it the Series field. I can't remember if that's there by default because I've been using this for so long I forgot what stock MC even looks like. LOL

This is how I set it up, I followed some posts I found by searching the forum. It works perfectly. My wife loves it because all of her movies are in a "Chick Fliks" Collection, Christmas movies in another, WW2 movies in their own, All John Wayne movies in another. When you open a collection, it shows all titles in that collection.

Smack

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2024, 04:21:23 am »

I got a problem with your explanation. If i understand correctly you mark the movie you want to add as a collection with the tag editor and after that you choose series? I can't find the series entry (see attached picture).

MGD_King

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2024, 06:26:30 am »

I got a problem with your explanation. If i understand correctly you mark the movie you want to add as a collection with the tag editor and after that you choose series? I can't find the series entry (see attached picture).

That looks like the "Media Sub Type" field. Series will not show up there. It is its own field.

Smack

• World Citizen
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2024, 07:49:55 am »

Got it. Now it works without any problem. I got one question. Is there a possibility to sort the movies in a collection by production date and not name?

MGD_King

« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2024, 11:56:44 am »

Got it. Now it works without any problem. I got one question. Is there a possibility to sort the movies in a collection by production date and not name?
Production date? I don't have that field, but I do have "Date (release)". I have always wanted to sort my collection by that so here's how I accomplished it.

Open Options-->Theater View and then select Collections.

Next, click on "Set rules for file display..." and select 'Sort by' and then add the 'Date (release)' field, sorted a-z.

Now items in the Collection are sorted.

Smack

• World Citizen
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2024, 12:24:51 am »

Thanks a lot. I will try this out later today  :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up