Networks and Remotes > Media Network

Panel/Gizmo not reflective of Library

(1/3) > >>

RedJ:
Some of the tracks/files being shown in Panel/Gizmo do not exist in my current library. Files that do not show up in any search inside the Media Center client show up in Panel/Gizmo. These files can't be successfully played through Panel/Gizmo, but still show by name, thumbnail, and tag data.

Menu items continue to show in Panel even after removing them from the Panel/Gizmo view in Customize Views. Files in explicitly excluded folders continue to show in Panel/Gizmo. Files matching "does not contain" rules for included files show in Panel/Gizmo. Files in locations that have been removed from the Library show in Panel/Gizmo. Items excluded by name continue to show in Panel/Gizmo. From the behavior, it seems like Panel/Gizmo ignores the Library live state in favor of some other source for its listings. Toggling the Media Network does not reset the Panel file list to match the Library.

Is there a file/folder that can be deleted that will force Panel to reset and re-acquire its library file list?

markf2748:

--- Quote from: RedJ on March 21, 2024, 11:13:47 pm ---Toggling the Media Network does not reset the Panel file list to match the Library.
--- End quote ---
I'm not sure what you mean be "Toggling".

Simple checks (not clear if you've done these):

1) Close Gizmo and Panel, then re-launch MC (in Windows, middle click the window's upper right hand corner "x" Close button) or reboot computer.  Re-open Gizmo.  Reopen Panel.

2) Run only a single MC server on your network.  Select it in Gizmo 3-dot menu > "Choose a Server To Play From".

3) Try launching Panel in a browser from within MC (Tree > Media Network > Panel > Open with web browser...), as well as from a remote.

mattkhan:
The remote browse tree does not update immediately after changing view definitions, in my experience you always have to restart MC completely after doing so to make it refresh.

RedJ:
Thanks for the suggestions:

--- Quote from: markf2748 on March 21, 2024, 11:59:22 pm ---I'm not sure what you mean be "Toggling".

--- End quote ---

toggling=turning the setting off then back on

* Yes, I completely exited MC and quit the Media Server and restarted. That has no effect.
* I only run a single instance of MC server and I have confirmed that Panel and Gizmo are connecting to that specific server by IP
* I have already launched Panel many times both ways in troubleshooting. It produces the same resultsThis is not a new change that hasn't processed. These files I'm seeing haven't been in my actual library for many months, if not years.

JimH:
Toggle means turn it on if it's off, or turn it off it's on.  Change the state.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version