INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Handheld sync adding '- Conversion Cache' to the end of the filename.  (Read 224 times)

BartMan01

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe

Been a while since I have used the HH sync feature so something may have changed, or I may have messed up my settings. The first time I sync a file to the hand held folder (when no HH Cache file exists), the conversion runs and the file is written the handheld folder as expected: ABC.flac becomes ABC.mp3

On future runs, if it needs to resync ABC.flac, it is syncing it to the handheld using the HH cache .mp3 filename of 'ABC - Conversion Cache.mp3' instead of 'ABC.mp3'.

Is this expected? Any way to prevent?

In the settings, the filename rule is blank.

MikeO3

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Handheld sync adding '- Conversion Cache' to the end of the filename.
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2024, 07:24:26 pm »

I moved the conversion cache on a different drive for which I have an exclude statement in the Import Configuration for the path. This eliminated this reoccurring annoyance of scans for something not in my scope of import folders.

Open the Files Pane and delete any shadow or stacks from your conversion cache folder and then rerun Import. It should cleanup on sync.

BartMan01

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Handheld sync adding '- Conversion Cache' to the end of the filename.
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2024, 06:01:07 pm »

After some more testing it looks like somewhere along the line, MC started adding the ' - Conversion Cache' to the mp3 filename when doing the HH conversion. Older files created with the same process don't have that. When syncing to the HH, if the mp3 file already exists in the library but not in the HH folder, is it syncing it with the mp3 filename that includes ' - Conversion Cache'.

Immediate fix was to do a mass find and replace on the mp3 files in the main library.

This does not seem like it is working as expected? Any feedback from JRiver on this? Is that the expected result that the HH device/folder gets the ' - conversion cache' filename?
Pages: [1]   Go Up