INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Experience using MC compared to universal disc player  (Read 133 times)

Z0001

• Citizen of the Universe
Experience using MC compared to universal disc player
« on: March 30, 2024, 07:49:09 pm »

Hi

I was wondering if anyone has recent experience with a dedicated hardware universal disc player, playing both discs (CD, Blu ray and UHD) and files for music and video?

Things I am concerned about with a hardware player for video file playback are things like subtitles not working, convenience of title searching, playing and control, video file playback quality not being as good as disc playback through a hardware unit.

I have an extensive library of music and video on HDD and disc, however lifestyle (kids, less time, streaming etc) has meant that I have not been able to keep up management of my MC system (the PC has died and I would need to rebuild as a server with lots of HDD as a minimum, before considering a lounge-room "player" for MC files).

So I am considering options:
1) rebuild MC server and buy a dedicated universal disc player (Magnetar 800, 900, Reavon 100, 200?) to play files and UHD discs (they take up too much HDD space in my view)
2) rebuild MC server and buy a nuc to play MC files, and maintain only a small UHD library on HDD

I would be really interested in what people think!

Thanks
Z
Pages: [1]   Go Up