INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Spotlight/Theater Background Movie Art Incorrect Despite "Get Movie Info"  (Read 541 times)

umberto5585

• Recent member

Hey all,
Somewhat minor but still annoying issue Ive encountered today.  Long story short, I added a new bluray into my library at recommendation of a friend.  Movie is an indie film "Beats" from 2019 about Scottish kids in the 90's and rave culture.  I imported the Mkv and used "Get/movie info" selecting the correct title and cover art.  The weird nuisance is, when choosing Spotlight and in the theater view background, it defaults to ANOTHER film from 2019 called "Beats.." about a hip hop producer.  LOL. Oddly funny scenario, but still If I am selecting the correct title (and the Tag includes the proper IMDB film ID), then why would both the "Spotlight" TMBD feature and background images in theater view default to a separate, different title?  Any fixes where I can manually fix this? Gotta be a workaround. Thanks in advance.

umberto5585

• Recent member

No one's encountered this?

cncb

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe

This is a very rare scenario where you have movies with essentially the same name in the same year.  You might be able to rename it to get around this. I will take a look.
-Craig    MO 4Media remote and player:  Android/TV/Auto | iOS | Windows 10/UWP

umberto5585

• Recent member

This is a very rare scenario where you have movies with essentially the same name in the same year.  You might be able to rename it to get around this. I will take a look.
Yeah definitely strange. The description is correct but in spotlight and theater view it defaults to the other film info, background art and cast etc. Thanks in advance for any fixes! Not sure what could work as ive already ensured the tag info has the specific imdb film ID.

zybex

• MC Beta Team

I can replicate this. With [IMDB id]=tt7524414, Spotlilght shows the info for tt8530978 instead.
Spotlight seems to always fetch the info by Title and Year, while "Get Movie&TV Info" uses the [IMDb id] if present.

Since MC uses TheMovieDB and it has a field for [TheMovieDB Series ID], perhaps it should also have a corresponding [TheMovieDB Movie ID] field and use it for searches, falling back to [IMDB ID]. Alternatively, use the ID stored in [TheMovieDB Series ID] even when [Media Sub Type] = Movie.

Hendrik

• Administrator

Luckily all our movie lookup functions already take an IMDb Id, so Spotlight just needs to get ahold of it and pass it through. I think using IMDb Id is plenty for now, and also a quick fix.
I just fixed theater view background images to use the IMDB Id if present.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

cncb

• MC Beta Team

Spotlight gets data from TMDB, so we could use the TMDB id for lookup if it exists like we do for TV Shows.  (Although this might be the only case with this problem :) ).

Hendrik

• Administrator

TMDB takes an IMDB Id for lookup, literally just need to grab it from the library and pass it along. :D
I could do it, but never looked at Spotlight before. :)
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

zybex

• MC Beta Team

Not all titles in TMDB have the corresponding IMDB id filled in. A fallback to use the TMDB ID instead may be useful in those cases - or actually, the TMDB Id should take precedence.

umberto5585

• Recent member

Appreciate the responses on this unique quirk. Hendrik when you say its fixed is that something on a future build release?

Hendrik

• Administrator

Appreciate the responses on this unique quirk. Hendrik when you say its fixed is that something on a future build release?

For Theater View Background images, yes, in a future build. At least if your movie has a IMDB Id.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

cncb

• MC Beta Team

Not all titles in TMDB have the corresponding IMDB id filled in. A fallback to use the TMDB ID instead may be useful in those cases - or actually, the TMDB Id should take precedence.

I think this makes the most sense.  I will do that (so Hendrik doesn't have to :) ).

Hendrik

• Administrator

It should use IMDB Id anyway, because no existing database is going to have any new id, that one would only be useful for the future. :)
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

cncb

• MC Beta Team

It should use IMDB Id anyway, because no existing database is going to have any new id, that one would only be useful for the future.

Are you saying the IMDB id should take precedence over the TMDB id for the sake of older libraries?

Hendrik

• Administrator

Are you saying the IMDB id should take precedence over the TMDB id for the sake of older libraries?

No, but in any library from today TMDB Id is not going to be filled, because we don't store it right now for movies (we don't even have a field for it). So unless someone looks up metadata again for all movies, IMDB Id is all they got - so it should ideally be used.

so something like

TMDB Id -> IMDB Id -> Name/Year

As I said above, our lookup function can already take an IMDB Id as well, so that part would be easy.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

cncb

• MC Beta Team

No, but in any library from today TMDB Id is not going to be filled, because we don't store it right now for movies (we don't even have a field for it).

I didn't realize that TMDB id is only stored for TV Series so it won't be there for movies lookup anyways.

timwtheov

• Galactic Citizen

I encountered this issue from the OP recently too, with a 1990 Hungarian film called Twilight (IMDB ID: tt0100732) and got backgrounds of the 2008 Twilight everyone knows. So I don't think it's just title and year, but as Zybex and Hendrik have pointed out, using the IMDB ID and/or TMDB IDs, in some expression, should work.
Pages: [1]   Go Up