INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: CDDB in MC9  (Read 773 times)

mrwul

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
CDDB in MC9
« on: February 07, 2003, 10:30:23 pm »

If all of us would keep on asking to get CDDB into MC9 (as with MJ8) - would that help??? It would greatly enhance MC9.
There are a few extra's in MC9 that are important for me in (Composer in ID3v2, user defined fields) otherwise I would not consider using MC9.

Pls let's all try to convince the developers to get CDDB into MC9 as an option... maybe they'll listen.

Wile E. One

• World Citizen
Re: CDDB in MC9
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2003, 11:06:04 pm »

If you had an elephant, and you had to give it away because you couldn't afford to feed it... got a dog, because it was cheaper and easier to train (and made an even better pet than the elephant, because that's all you really wanted anyways)....  then, somebody comes along and says you should get an elephant, 'cause that would be cool.... would you do it?
Now isn't this just typical of whereever this is?

mrwul

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2003, 11:50:35 pm »

Pls follow the threads on YADB. My experience is that for 2-3 of the 9 cd's that I have on my desk just now, YADB does not retrieve trackdata, readily available in freedb and/or CDDB.
Maybe CDDB is too expensive, but YADB cud even not retrieve data that is available in freedb.  Cheaper or even free CD-Rippers offer freedb or CDDB access. MC9 (as MJ8 as a matter of fact) is a really nice peace of software offering outstanding features. I feel sorry that CDDB has been taken out.

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2003, 02:52:52 am »

>> If all of us would keep on asking
>> to get CDDB into MC9
it will not help
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA
Pages: [1]   Go Up