INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: can I setup the search bar to find artists and albums only ?  (Read 291 times)

drugo

• Recent member

Hi

I would like to use the search bar to find only artists and albums   regardless of i have in albums or artist list

I know there is a wizard ,but i don't know exactly how to use even i have read wiki jriver page

for example type everywhere (now playing ,or albums or artists ) nick cave and get the results of every albums recorded or type an album name and find even the artist

can I do it?

I would like to change some hotkeys ,there is a webpage but there is no so much information how do it

thanks
best regards

HPBEME

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Hoisted by his own petard - Lock him up!
Re: can I setup the search bar to find artists and albums only ?
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2024, 03:24:52 pm »

Yes... see the picture

drugo

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2024, 12:10:20 am »

Yes... see the picture
hi HPBEME
but about the search wizard ,is it temporary or/and just useful?
just because i see there is a save feature  in the search wizard

so manage library fields i can set artist and album, and in the search bar jriver will search only for them

I would like to customize well and even the shortcuts , but i can't find a good tutorial

by the way ,beautiful skin and i like how you have customized the toolbar on top, I have lots of smartplaylist and playlist in the items , and i guess you have hidden the spotlight , i don't like spotlight icon ,would like to hide it ,where can i find the themes/skins? Are they in forum?
thanks , i really appreciate it

mattlovell

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2024, 05:01:09 pm »

by the way ,beautiful skin and i like how you have customized the toolbar on top,

Slightly off-topic, but indeed!  I like in particular the little figure for what I'm guessing is the Spotlight icon!

@HPBEME, what is that skin? 

HPBEME

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Hoisted by his own petard - Lock him up!
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2024, 08:14:00 pm »

Thank you Matt and drugo for the kind words about my skin. It is actually a new (but still unavailable) version of Dream in Blue set to grayscale using MC's Skin Effects dialog box with the brightness/contrast sliders advanced approximately 15 to 17 mouse scroll clicks each. 

Unfortunately, I have been about 80% complete on this working version for over a year now.  Between job demands and low energy outside of work, I have not had it in me to complete it. I have every intention of doing it eventually, but I have given up promising when that might be, as I have done in the past "… it should be ready in a few months".  You may have noticed there is a whole slew of unique icons (vs. the MC default colored M&M style buttons). I got about 50% of the way through all the icons I needed/wanted to update, and then just ran out of juice.

All that said, you can set the original Dream in Blue skin to grayscale as well. It looks nice to be sure, but I cannot lie - the new Dream in Blue has many new graphical elements, and overall it blows the current available version out of the water.  drugo asked where he could find it -  go to the accessory page for the old version here: https://accessories.jriver.com/mediacenter/accessories.php

In the skin's description field on the download page is a link to the thread where I announced its launch three years ago. If you go to that thread, I posted several pictures where I applied different color options using MC's Skin Effects and the resulting corresponding appearance. There also other links to other fun things to download related to the skin.

mattlovell

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2024, 10:27:03 am »

Thanks for the description, HPBEME.

Whenever you're in a generous mood, you should share that spotlight icon of yours!  ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up