Mac > JRiver Media Center 32 for Mac

Mail Problem

<< < (4/5) > >>

Lodewijk_Ramon:
Thanks JimH

fredimac:

--- Quote from: JimH on May 01, 2024, 06:37:19 am ---It isn't spam.  It isn't phishing.  Nobody was hacked. 

It's our mail software.  We have your address. 

I'm pretty sure it's a byproduct of the changes we've made recently.  Bob will be back in a few days and should have more to say.

Read the header carefully if you're concerned.

--- End quote ---

I recognised from the mail header that this mail came from your network from your mail server. Only the why was unclear to me.
PS: I know a bit about IT, Internet and networks ;-)

antenna:

--- Quote from: fredimac on May 01, 2024, 03:38:28 am ---I looked at the source code of this e-mail and found nothing suspicious. ...

--- End quote ---

Ditto.

Here's what my inbound MTA placed in the header...

--- Quote ---Received: from ppalias.jriver.com (ppalias.jriver.com [216.14.187.163])
   (using TLSv1.2 with cipher ECDHE-ECDSA-AES256-GCM-SHA384 (256/256 bits))
   (Client CN "*.jriver.com", Issuer "Sectigo RSA Domain Validation Secure Server CA" (verified OK))
   by [My MTA] (Postfix) with ESMTPS id 4VTcKD2nT8z2SPQ
   for <[my email addr]>; Tue, 30 Apr 2024 19:46:08 -0400 (EDT)
DMARC-Filter: OpenDMARC Filter v1.4.2 [My MTA] 4VTcKD2nT8z2SPQ
Authentication-Results: [My MTA]; dmarc=pass (p=none dis=none) header.from=ppalias.jriver.com
Authentication-Results: [My MTA]; spf=pass smtp.mailfrom=ppalias.jriver.com
Authentication-Results: [My MTA];
   dkim=pass (1024-bit key; unprotected) header.d=ppalias.jriver.com header.i=@ppalias.jriver.com header.b=Mnvt+Gg6
DKIM-Signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha1; c=relaxed/relaxed;
   d=ppalias.jriver.com; s=default; h=Mailing-List:Date:Message-ID:
   From:To:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Subject; bh=vtodU7Jyh5cCkHC6HE
   /NkAEIKHI=; b=Mnvt+Gg6bVwDDYxMdBAqSOT7IY3OGA+6TjIDYyqILMHhbKEbf4
   qAFY5XsvEgOyBr+aGGGy8vklpD2M6G7GgaSn96dInWBUhtEkoEgdExTXAN+UKdp6
   i/H3c/RqhURBvD5GdvwYVB4wBHJFTiGOp5bV29XZsLDl6sGeI/9ZuHRs4=

--- End quote ---

bob:
As you can see from the header it came from our machine so it’s not phishing.
The mailing list for mc32 owners tried to send a message to you which originally failed. This is an issue on the server end, usually caused by your mail server doing greylisting or other temporary issues. Eventually the notice of this issue was delivered from the mailing list to your inbox with a way to retrieve the archived message. You can ignore these messages.

mpffffhhhh:
thanks, it was clear that it was legit, me thinks i am not the only who knows a bit about header, etc.
maybe if so many ppl receive these mails, someone at jriver could be glad that he was informed about it.

its all about communication

deleted - erledigt, thanks again

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version