Devices > Sound Cards, DAC's, Receivers, Speakers, and Headphones

Audiophile Speakers for Laptop

<< < (2/4) > >>

dtc:
For a DAC, Audioengine has one and iFi has several. You might also consider a Wiim Pro or Pro+, which also gives you lots of streaming capabilities. The Pro + has a very good DAC chip. MC connection to Wiim is through DLNA.

Awesome Donkey:
The iFi ZEN DAC 3 does catch my interest. However it's not stated if 1) it has an ASIO driver and 2) if the ASIO driver is exclusive for PCM (and DSD). Seems a little bit of a waste since I actually don't use headphones so its volume control would be wasted (unless it could function as a potentiometer for powered studio monitors but that's not mentioned either.

dtc:
Pretty sure for the iFi ZDN DAC 3 the volume control also works on the RCA outs.

"RCA output power: 1V-3.3V max. (variable); 2.1V fixed"

"Variable/Fixed Output: ZEN DAC 3 offers switchable variable or fixed line outputs. If you wish to use the unit's analog rotary volume control on the front panel, you should set the Variable-Fixed switch to the "Variable" position. This is recommended for connecting ZEN DAC 3 to a power amplifier or active speakers."

AGAWA:
consider Klipsch, extensive choice

Awesome Donkey:

--- Quote from: dtc on May 03, 2024, 01:10:47 pm ---Pretty sure for the iFi ZDN DAC 3 the volume control also works on the RCA outs.

"RCA output power: 1V-3.3V max. (variable); 2.1V fixed"

"Variable/Fixed Output: ZEN DAC 3 offers switchable variable or fixed line outputs. If you wish to use the unit's analog rotary volume control on the front panel, you should set the Variable-Fixed switch to the "Variable" position. This is recommended for connecting ZEN DAC 3 to a power amplifier or active speakers."

--- End quote ---

Oooooh, excellent! When I get a bit more time to do research I'll see if I can find any information on if it supports ASIO via a driver and if it does the ASIO is exclusive for PCM.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version