Mac > JRiver Media Center 32 for Mac

MC 32 for MacOS does not recognize mobile devices

(1/2) > >>

jhoffmann-ka:
Hello everyone,

Crosspost from German subforum..

I switched from Windows 10 to MacOS and reactivated my MC installation (after not using it on W10 for a long time).

I use MC32 exclusively for music management of my files on the NAS, I listen to music via my Marantz DAC which is fed with the files from the NAS by a Raspberry with MoodeAudio.
Recently I also need my music on my cell phone. I use special playlists for my workout, which are compiled according to BPM. So far I've used Apple Music, but I think the program is not suitable for this.

My problem: MC (and MacOS) doesn't recognize my phones!

While MacOS at least recognizes my iPhone SE, it completely stops working with Android.
MC recognizes neither the SE nor the Android phones (Samsung A5/S23/S24).

So of course I can't move any playlists to the cell phones.
I read in the forum that many users' phones are recognized without any problems.

Am I missing something? Does anyone have any ideas for a solution?

Thanks and best regards
Juergen

Edit May, 5th 9:24 pm:
Pocketbook e-reader is recognized immediatly, sync of Audiobook works like a charme

HaWi:
Have you tried JRemote?
It's on the iOS/iPadOS and Android (I think) app stores

jhoffmann-ka:

--- Quote from: HaWi on May 05, 2024, 12:40:12 pm ---Have you tried JRemote?

--- End quote ---

No I haven't.
I don't think that would suit my workflow either:
- Choose songs with a specific BPM, e.g. between 110 and 115 BPM
- Create playlist
- Sync playlist to cell phone
- Have fun in the gym :-)

I Won't do that on my device!
But I'll have a look JRemote.

regards
Juergen

HaWi:
Hey Jürgen,
I like your idea with the beat range playlist. I might try that for running.
With JRemote on your phone you could skip the sync part and stream your playlist directly from your Media PC, or from wherever MC is running. You'd need a decent cell signal, though.
Should JRemote not be a solution for you, you could just import the audio files from your playlist into Apple Music and play them from there on your phone, although that doesn't sound like an elegant way.
Good luck!
Hans

bob:

--- Quote from: HaWi on May 06, 2024, 10:11:35 am ---Hey Jürgen,
I like your idea with the beat range playlist. I might try that for running.
With JRemote on your phone you could skip the sync part and stream your playlist directly from your Media PC, or from wherever MC is running. You'd need a decent cell signal, though.
Should JRemote not be a solution for you, you could just import the audio files from your playlist into Apple Music and play them from there on your phone, although that doesn't sound like an elegant way.
Good luck!
Hans

--- End quote ---
The second is pretty much what I do to my iDevices.
For android devices, if they have removable storage you can put that into a USB reader and have MC manage it as a manual handheld device.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version