INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can't get Syntax right for Portability Rules from Win to Mac  (Read 50 times)

joob

Hi, I'm new to MC,

Just did a portable installation of MC32 using a windows 10 computer onto an external hard drive and then created my library on that same external hard drive.

I then installed MC32 on my Mac (OSX 14.4.1). I linked the Mac installation to the windows created library on the external hard drive. At this point, the entire library is visible on my mac, but everything is a dead link.

Afterwards I've been trying to write the correct portability rule so my mac can correctly read the links. Not sure what I'm doing wrong, but after more than several dozen tries I haven't gotten to work.

At the same time, I have no problems adding music to the windows library from from my mac and that I could play.

Additional details:
Name of external drive: GOODMUSIC_K
Location of media and on the external drive: /GOODMUSIC_K/MEDIA/
Location of MC library on external drive: /GOODMUSIC_K/MEDIA/JRiver/Application Data/Media Center 32/Library/

On Windows, the external drive has been mounting as drive H: (if that matters?)

On Windows the filename path for my music in MC (as shown in MC) is generally:  (Install Drive):\MEDIA\...
One specific example would be:
(Install Drive):\MEDIA\MUSIC\zappa\1979 - sheik yerbouti\09-Bobby Brown Goes Down.mp3

On Mac, the filename path for the one song I added to MC (as shown on MC ) is:
\Volumes\GOODMUSIC_K\MEDIA\MUSIC\Nikola Tesla.mp3

Can someone please tell me what my portability rule should be?
I have a feeling I'm missing some tiny detail (e.g., pipe, backslash instead of forward slash, etc.), so I would appreciate a precise as response as possible.
Or is it something else I'm missing?

Thanks!
Pages: [1]   Go Up