More > JRiver Media Center 32 for Windows

NEW: Reverse GeoCoding

<< < (4/4)

JimH:
Programmers don't exist anymore.  They're developers now.  If I were either though, I'd want to give up after reading that.

zybex:
But I thought developers built houses?

darichman:
Hi team

Sorry it's been a few weeks. Time flies! I guess I'm spending more time taking photos of the kids than tagging photos these days.
So always looking for ways to simplify and cut down time it takes to have it all scanned & catalogued.

Happy to talk more Yaobing (and others). I have been testing on a bunch of files taken in various places (in v33.0.4)

Have you given any more thought to nesting the entries (with \) instead of commas?
Currently, the [Sublocation] entries pulled on geocoding end up looking messy, separated with commas and no spaces (see Comma separated value jpg examples attached)
Propose: MC nests all fields mapped to [City] and [Sublocation] fields hierarchically, and eliminates duplicate entries...
    eg Tends to pull 'South Brisbane,South Brisbane,Stanley St,Queensland Children's Hospital'
    This could be South Brisbane\Stanley St\Queensland Children's Hospital

I note that I have a [Places] field, that appears to be a default field. It seems to populate with entries like:
   Australia,Queensland,Gold Coast City,Hope Island,Boykambil Esplanade South based on the individual [Country], [State] etc fields
Is this simply updated when the primary location fields are entered? I note that it's editable... what's the intention of the this field exactly?
But again, why not repurpose this with \ as a delimiter, so you can expand and click at each level? This would be great to use in panes to filter views by broad or specific locations
See the examples Places (Current).jpg - Places (Proposed).jpg
   I haven't retagged all that many with the \ syntax yet, but you can see how useful/powerful this will get when many photos are tagged with location data.

john_kane:
I'm late to the party, but I second the "/" separator and hierarchy approach.

I actually have this implemented somewhat from my legacy workflow and tagging, which supported hierarchical tags.

So my places are tag coded like:

Places/USA/Pennsylvania/Philadelphia/Constitution Center

And then in Slideshow mode I have some complicated expressions to parse that hierarchy into a readable location address and store it in the Caption field... which I display for my photos in slideshow mode.

If MC adopts the / hierarchy I could simplify and convert all that legacy stuff over.

darichman:
Image handling may not be as sexy as video and audio, but MC does a fine job of it and there are a lot of interested, knowledgeable and talented people on here  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version