Mac > JRiver Media Center 32 for Mac

Can't run MC 32.0.44, keeps crashing

<< < (3/8) > >>

andromaya:
That's the first thing I checked... I've tried reinstalling, but now when I open it, I get no response at all (not even a problem report). It this point I'm clueless.

Awesome Donkey:
What version of macOS are you using?

andromaya:

--- Quote from: Awesome Donkey on May 26, 2024, 10:01:29 am ---What version of macOS are you using?

--- End quote ---

Sonoma 14.5.

And again, just to be sure, I have just tested MC 28.0.110 and it works just fine.

bob:

--- Quote from: andromaya on May 26, 2024, 10:42:33 am ---Sonoma 14.5.

And again, just to be sure, I have just tested MC 28.0.110 and it works just fine.

--- End quote ---
It's possible your settings files or support files were corrupted.
First download and install the build at the top of the forum. 32.0.45
Next for a clean start, we are going to remove the user files. (Note this will require a license for MC32, there will be no trial period).
Start up terminal session and copy/paste the command below and hit enter.

--- Code: ---rm ~/Library/Application\ Support/J\ River/Media\ Center\ 32
--- End code ---
Now run Media Center 32 from the applications directory. Note on first run it will copy your MC28 database and settings and download some support files so give it some time and don't interrupt it.
Enter the MC32 license by using copy/pasting your license key when the splash screen comes up.

andromaya:

--- Quote from: bob on May 28, 2024, 10:06:11 am ---It's possible your settings files or support files were corrupted.
First download and install the build at the top of the forum. 32.0.45
Next for a clean start, we are going to remove the user files. (Note this will require a license for MC32, there will be no trial period).
Start up terminal session and copy/paste the command below and hit enter.

--- Code: ---rm ~/Library/Application\ Support/J\ River/Media\ Center\ 32
--- End code ---
Now run Media Center 32 from the applications directory. Note on first run it will copy your MC28 database and settings and download some support files so give it some time and don't interrupt it.
Enter the MC32 license by using copy/pasting your license key when the splash screen comes up.

--- End quote ---

Unfortunately this also hasn't worked. The directory in Application Support seems to be removed, but the app still crashes before it can open. MC 28 is still functioning. I've attached the current problem report.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version