Networks and Remotes > Remotes

JRemote (IOS) Basic functionality missing

(1/2) > >>

Facel:
I would like JRemote to be able to play audio files stored on the Iphone ... like Foobar 2000 app does !!

Awesome Donkey:
Not possible I'm afraid, JRemote doesn't support offline playback nor does it support importing files located locally on the device and playing those back. Supporting import and playback of local files is out-of-scope for remote apps like JRemote. None of the remote apps on both iOS and Android allow playback of local files except JRiver for Android.

The only remote for MC that I'm aware of that supports offline playback on iOS is MO 4Media but it does NOT support local playback of files already local on the device like some media player apps. One other thing to note is the MO 4Media app on iOS may be EOL now. If interested in MO 4Media's offline playback feature, which is probably not what you're looking: https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,119879.0.html

Facel:
what's stopping you / JRemote IOS, from supporting the import and reading of local files ?

bob:
It's not what it's designed for, it's a remote.
If you want a good free player for local files on the iDevice I'd suggest the Cs Player

Facel:
Does thet mean that JRemote's initial design had a number of shortcomings ?

What I want is simple and logical.

I want an application that can
 - access JRiver Media library and monitor any renderer (DLNA, JRiver, ...)  (ie  be a Remote)
 - access JRiver Media Library or any DLNA Library and play the music on my Iphone  (as Foobar does)
 - access local Audio Files stored on my Iphone using iTunes and play them on my Iphone (as Foobar does)
 - manage and play on my Iphone Internet Radio (as foobar does)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version